Question for South African UW photographers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbloomer

Contributor
Reaction score
Forgive me for the cross postings but here goes....

Hi all

I was wondering who you guys (South Africans that is) insure your cameras and gear through. My insurance (Mutual and Federal) refuses to cover the camera against accidental flooding. The reasonong is that flooding will cause a mechanical failure, which is specifically excluded from all-risks. They won't even consider an increased premium to cover this.

Any ideas? Would DAN maybe cover this (I doubt it though).

Thanks

SA-Diver:
DAN told me they won't.

Sitting with the same problem at the moment.
Have not been able to find anyone locally who would insure against accidental flooding.

Kobus

Kobus

After fighting with my broker over this, Mutual and Federal have agreed to cover the camera for damage due to flooding. I have also insisted that they provide and addendum to my policy explicitly stating this. Funnily enough they wont increase my premium.

Now, I just need to get rid of this d*mn chest infection so I can go diving again.....

sbloomer

As soon as you have it done, if you are prepared to do it, I would appreciate the details via PM.
That will allow me to get properly insured.

As you said, the 3rd party option through DAN is not available in South Africa.

Get better soon, I am off to Aliwal Shoal this weekend.

Kobus

Hi

Just insured my Olympus 5060 and 2 CF cards through Budget insurance - all risks . I even explained that it was going diving every weekend - no problem they said .Insurance valid immediately.

Safe Diving

Andrew

AndyT:
Hi

Just insured my Olympus 5060 and 2 CF cards through Budget insurance - all risks . I even explained that it was going diving every weekend - no problem they said .Insurance valid immediately.

Safe Diving

Andrew

Andrew

Thanks. Something for others to work on. As I said, after some cajoling, M&F decided they would cover the camera for diving under the same policy with no additional costs.

Simon

BTW, You're a member of FBUC... when are your monthly meets? I'm interestedin joining (although I live in Table View).

S.

Simon

We meet Wed evening from about 20h00 .
Clubhouse is in Wynberg , but we have plenty of
members from your side of the Peninsula .Lots of
photographers too , with more on the way.

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom