Why Buy a MAKO Speargun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't find anyone in the states to buy a mako2

That's because we do not sell to any dive shops or retailers in the US. We can offer the "MAKO Direct" price because we really do sell direct to the consumer. Give us a call or place an order on our website, if you have any questions, PLEASE let us know and we will do our best to make sure we have one more happy customer.

Can I order just the bands?

Of course! We would be happy to make bands to your specifications.

And please note that our bands are not made UNTIL you order them. They are hand tied by our staff. This ensures that you get the freshest bands possible.

MAKO Custom Made Latex Bands

Right on. I may just wind up buying the stuff to tie my own. I change bands pretty frequently. Which leads me to another question. I've heard putting your band material in the freezer extends its shelf life, is there any merit to this?

Right on. I may just wind up buying the stuff to tie my own. I change bands pretty frequently. Which leads me to another question. I've heard putting your band material in the freezer extends its shelf life, is there any merit to this?

We have heard some information that freezing may be detrimental. A lot of people keep it in the fridge, but the enemies are times, ozone, light and excessive heat. Keeping it in an opaque garbage bag, in a closet in an air conditioned house and away from any electrical motors is probably smart.

We sell latex by the foot and go through a lot. There may be little benefit to buying a large quantity and then storing it for years..when you can always buy fresh, high quality Primeline Latex from us. And we do stock all the materials and tools necessary to build your own bands.

This video make serve as a good refresher:

[video=youtube_share;zvV1JjoAnhU]http://youtu.be/zvV1JjoAnhU[/video]

Killer video. Yea I was thinking about buying enough rubber for the season. I change them 2 or 3 times.

---------- Post added October 27th, 2013 at 08:17 PM ----------

hmmmm no price converter that I can find, to dollars.

Prices are in dollars

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom