Question for HOG twin-tank users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Those of you who dive hog D1 on their double tanks ... have you noticed that the first stage is so big that it actually blocks access to your valves when you reach back for them? I read that somewhere and was wondering if it was a major issue HOGs would not be very popular in the tech community. Any truth to this at all?

Those of you who dive hog D1 on their double tanks ... have you noticed that the first stage is so big that it actually blocks access to your valves when you reach back for them? I read that somewhere and was wondering if it was a major issue HOGs would not be very popular in the tech community. Any truth to this at all?

None whatsoever.

I had read that before and I think its nuts. I do a valve drill on every dive and have never had the slightest problem due to my hogs.

Picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I switched back to ds4s because of it.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't have any issues and used them up through full cave. Maybe people are pointing them out instead of in (referring to 5th port) or just lack the flexibility. I use Apeks DSTs now and they are about identical in size, no issues with those either.

so the D3 and the Scubapro MK25 are certainly smaller with the design biasing the din threads up towards the enviro seal, but it's not the end of the world. Increase the angle from the picture below a bit and you should be fine

528d0a121065d-dubs3.jpg

Never had that problem with mine. Just need to orient them to a position that works for you.

Never had that problem with mine..oh wait...my valves are right in front of me at all times...SIDEMOUNT ROCKS!!!

I honestly haven't had that problem either.

Back
Top Bottom