Question for Fusion Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sleepr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just pulled the trigger on a used fusion tech and am wondering about boot options. Has anyone used something like a water shoe like these. If so what was your feeling on it, good, bad, indifferent?

5018003t_v1_m56577569831071120.jpg

5021652t_v1_m56577569831000955.jpg

They would work just fine. The boots available from White's are actually nothing special. And I have seen some divers using just heavy wetsuit booties and a few use converse high-tops. So...just use what is comfortable for you and fits your fins.

I'm at work, and can't see your pictures. But I can tell you from personal experience that you need to be careful with what you use over the socks. A lot of water shoes just aren't built to stay on with the forces that are applied by kicking fins. I tried two different kinds, and both came off (one under rather unpleasant circumstances).

Chuck Taylor's are cheap and work for me with my Fusion. I did rip the insoles out of them though. For under $30 they are hard to beat. Ross Dress For Less even sells them sometimes.

FWIW I hate the pockets on my Fusion Tech Skin LE.

As Lynn suggests, you need to be careful. Use shoes that tie securely, to prevent air in the socks from potentially forcing the shoes and fins off. Few things are as fun as having your feet come out of the fins and socks in a strong current. Murphy's law dictates you will also be upside down in the suit when that happens.

We just use heavy wetsuit boots. No problems.

Thanks for all the replies folks, I'll try it with my 5mm wetsuit booties first. I wasn't cold in them at 45F before. Guess we'll see once I muddle through the drysuit learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom