Question for FLL area divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MY01SHADOW

Reaction score
Hey Guys:

I'm going to be staying at the Marriott Beach Place Towers in Lauderdale over Memorial Day and was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of driving time to the Hillsboro Inlet (Parrott Island). Also, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea?

Thanks,

MY01SHADOW:
Hey Guys:

I'm going to be staying at the Marriott Beach Place Towers in Lauderdale over Memorial Day and was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of driving time to the Hillsboro Inlet (Parrott Island). Also, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea?

Thanks,

With it being Memorial Day weekend the traffic will be heavy. I would give yourself an hour that way you are sure to make the boat. I live maybe 2-3 miles from where you are staying and 30 minutes is plenty of time for me to get to Parrot Island.

MY01SHADOW:
Hey, can we all come visit?

You're not far from Hillsboro Inlet as you can see from the map, and for the AM dives Memorial Day traffic will not be heavy. I leave 15 minutes from when I want to get there from Commercial, so leave 30-45 minutes before you want to get dockside and you'll be comfortably early. Add another 15 minutes if you are going on the PM dives.

The hardest part is finding their new dock. You're OK with their directions?

LBTS is at Commercial, just a few minutes... 20 max in traffic.

New Dock? Is it not still at the mouth of the Hillsboro Inlet?? We were there last August right before the first hurricane and dove with Jerry and Mikey.

Mike

down4fun:
With it being Memorial Day weekend the traffic will be heavy. I would give yourself an hour that way you are sure to make the boat. I live maybe 2-3 miles from where you are staying and 30 minutes is plenty of time for me to get to Parrot Island.

Thanks for the quick reply! We know we're diving PM on Sunday and AM on Monday, so I'll make sure to allow enough time to get there. Thanks for the heads up on the traffic. I wasn't even considering the Holiday effect on traffic.

NOt a problem. I hope you have a great time. Mike and Jerry are fabulous. I spent a lot of time on their boat last summer, great crew. Have a great time.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom