Question and Answer (a game) part 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fascinating.

Casablanca - it has it all, romance, honor, bad guys, mystery.

I watch It's a Wonderful Life every year when I put the lights on my Christmas tree (takes me about 7 hours as I have over 1700 lights on it - I watch IWL, White Christmas, and Miracle on 34th Street)

Cool Runnings is inspiring and I still get choked up in the final scene of White Christmas (see above) Also love the first Pirates of the Caribbean.

Real or fake Christmas tree (if one at all)?

Fake but only cuz I can't man handle a fresh one in and out of my house (back again -- the theme of my life). :-(

You?

Absolutely fresh - not environmentally sensitive, but I'm OK with that.

Cap and Trade?

What about it? Emissions are a necessary part of breathing . . :) I've not looked at the latest stats but the theory behind the cap and trade policy is interesting. Primary concern for me is how it affects the competitive global market. Let's face it neither India nor China are going to comply so US companies that are global are going to be at a disadvantage. Devil is in the details as usual. Since most companies have already offloaded manufacturing to China, India and the rest of asia for the last 10 years . . I 'm not sure how effective this will be in that sector. So the primary hits will be in energy/utilities. Which will hit the east and west coasts primarily. Last numbers I saw showed as much a 7% hit on utilities and 12 cents on gas which of course affects transportation of all goods. Its a political minefield. Cutting emissions is necessary. Figuring out how to do it is a freakn nightmare. The middle class is on the verge of massive implosion as it is dealing with the loss of jobs and homes. Not sure how much more can be levied there. Anywho . . we'll see what congress churns out and how much pork is attached to it. Lobbyists are earning the checks on this issue. I'm starting to think moving to Wyoming isn't such a stupid idea.

what about a flat tax?

Apparently so. How dare you leave us for a few days! :no:

What's more importatnt to you than ScubaBoard? :idk:

Gosh, I didn't know you all cared!

Was BettyRubble been banned from any more threads while I was gone?

Not yet but stay tuned. . . I've wreaked havic on a poor sap who had the courage to admit he's a coward and I also suggested to some vets that they could do a better job posting in newbie forums . . . a ban is forthcoming I'm sure!!!!!

How was your vacation

Wow. I missed so much, and BettyRubble got promoted from Princess to Queen. Why did I ever go away (that was rhetorical, not my question).

The vacation was really nice. Good friends, good food, crappy golf. But I was exhausted when I left and an doubly so now. Tomorrow will be a long day!

What book(s) are you currently reading?

Back
Top Bottom