Question about weighting in a thick suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like you're ready to roll! One note on the hood: I don't know if it's just me, but when I first wore my hood diving (like you are doing in the photo), my mask kept leaking. Just a trickle, but... an annoying trickle.

I couldn't figure out why (tried my mask strap over it, under it, etc.). Then I realized it was because the hood -- when I had it up over my chin like that -- made my face a wee bit "chipmunk cheeked" and I guess it was just enough to make my mask leak. Kind of like if you try to laugh or smile at your buddy.

I didn't get a chance to try it with my new/different mask, but I did find that if I just pulled the chin of the hood down under my chin that the problem went away. Of course the hood is not quite as perfect/warm that way, but... dry mask :)

Just thought I would spare you some ":confused:" if you have a similar problem.

Looks like you're ready to roll! One note on the hood: I don't know if it's just me, but when I first wore my hood diving (like you are doing in the photo), my mask kept leaking. Just a trickle, but... an annoying trickle.

I couldn't figure out why (tried my mask strap over it, under it, etc.). Then I realized it was because the hood -- when I had it up over my chin like that -- made my face a wee bit "chipmunk cheeked" and I guess it was just enough to make my mask leak. Kind of like if you try to laugh or smile at your buddy.

I didn't get a chance to try it with my new/different mask, but I did find that if I just pulled the chin of the hood down under my chin that the problem went away. Of course the hood is not quite as perfect/warm that way, but... dry mask :)

Just thought I would spare you some ":confused:" if you have a similar problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. I certainly do look chipmunk-cheeked in that photo. Not so much in real life :rofl3:

Since you are posting equipment pics anyways, one can't help but be reminded of a previous thread concerning kicking techniques, coffee tables, and cameras.

Just sayin... you are already halfway there :crafty:

:zen:

Back
Top Bottom