Question about the IANTD medical questionaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upwelling

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I answered "yes" to one of the questions but the IANTD form doesn't say what to do if you check yes and there is no place for a doctor's signature on the form. Does anyone know if I have to take this to a doctor or do I just sign the "student" line and return it to the LDS and then they decide what to do? Quite frankly the form is confusing. I asked someone at the LDS but they didn't really give me an answer, I don't think they teach a lot of IANTD classes so they don't seem familiar with the form. thanks

junko:
I answered "yes" to one of the questions but the IANTD form doesn't say what to do if you check yes and there is no place for a doctor's signature on the form. Does anyone know if I have to take this to a doctor or do I just sign the "student" line and return it to the LDS and then they decide what to do? Quite frankly the form is confusing. I asked someone at the LDS but they didn't really give me an answer, I don't think they teach a lot of IANTD classes so they don't seem familiar with the form. thanks
PADI and all other agency's I know of have a 6 part doctor form that your doc must sign off on or refer you to a more knowledgeable source for a through check out.

This is a two pager with "message to the medical examiner" at the top, then the list of conditions and then a place for the student and the instructor to sign, but no place for a doctor to sign or clear the person for diving. It doesn't even state whether or not you have to visit a doctor if you check "yes". It almost looks like you are supposed to give it back to the instructor first and they make a medical judgment about whether you are cleared or have to see a doctor. I guess I will have to call IANTD this week and find out what to do.

scubadoguk:
PADI and all other agency's I know of have a 6 part doctor form that your doc must sign off on or refer you to a more knowledgeable source for a through check out.

I called IANTD and found out the answer, in case anyone else here has this problem. It is different from the PADI medical form where I believe you must get a doctor's sign off if you check any of the boxes. With IANTD if you check one of the boxes you give the form back to your instructor and he she will only make you go to the doctor if they think you have a "serious condition" that warrants it. Hope this info helps someone out there....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom