queen anne live-aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar,
I saw you PM, but it was blocked by my yahoo. I hav'nt read your message. You can post it here in the board.

shugar:
would you guys like me to ask my OW/AOW instructor how much their charging for their tubbataha trips (and what dates)

they charter one of the explorer fleet's boats and (from what i know) charge substantially lower than the usual posted rates to tubba... i think close too or lower than even the $750...

tell me if you're interested...

Jag
Jag,
Please PM it to me. Is the charter a one time deal or do they do this annually? Thanks.

shugar,
sorry but the message was blocked again. am I pressing the wrong buttons. (It says to open it in the current window or not. I chose no.)

shugar:
from what i know tubba is really computer diving country... i think it's because of the series of dives and DCS risks... when you think about it it beats human errors that can happen when computing on the RDP...

Jag

PS
that's what i think, i don't know for certain...
I totally agree that a computer can be useful, especially when doing a bunch of dives. But, not every computer follows the same algorithms for determinging nitrogen loading and most of the ones I've seen are also adjustable.

IMO, a computer should be used to back up your table calculations or to assist with multi-level dive info. They shouldn't take the place of the tables, which was the impression that I got. Just my impression.

Ben_ca:
Shugar,
Pare while you are asking anyway ask about Nitrox availability...
it's available... they have gas mixing (nitrox) facilities on board... let me check tomorrow too but i heard that the explorer fleet (i don't know about my chartering friends) offered a flat rate of XXX $ for unlimited nitrox (rather than paying on a per-dive basis)... i don't know if it's (still) true

either way will post feedback on that

Jag

gaudencio:
shugar,
sorry but the message was blocked again. am I pressing the wrong buttons. (It says to open it in the current window or not. I chose no.)
that's ok, my yahoo blocks popups too (until i told it to allow them from SB)

you can access your PMs by clicking the private messages link on the upper right of the website

other than that the rates are as follows:

April 22-27 (6-day saturday to thursday) trip (just one charter this year)
A-Deck - 44,000
B-Deck - 42,000
COnservation Fee - 3,000

it's closer to $800 than $700 (sorry) but it's a 6-day trip rather than 5 and the boats much bigger and much more comfier and has nitrox and desalination, etc...

and i dont' get a commission on referrals (i asked) hahahahahahahaha

Jag

shugar, thanks for the info. I just like to be sure how many diving days it includes?
queen anne is a 5 full diving days. the whole trip is 7 days.

Back
Top Bottom