Quebec's New Diving Laws?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jroy017:
what i'm saying is thats its absolutely absurd (stupid) to think we wont let you dive just because you dont speak french, thats being narrow minded pigheaded etc...

On the other hand with the french language laws i find it important that everything be equally available in french (especially in our province) and english, however if you are talking about the loi 101 wich requires twice as big i'll agree with you ,just require it to be as available

Yeah, I'm talking mostly about loi 101. However, I do think that if you're going to require that signs be in French, they should also require that signs be in English.

I agree it doesn't have anything to do with speaking French; however, its certainly no surprise that Quebec is the province that would come up with such an assanine law; this would never happen in the other provinces. Before this happened, if you asked the majority of Canadians what province would likely enact a law like this - what would they say . . .

Darryl

Back
Top Bottom