Quattro Excel fins coming apart...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea-glider

Registered
Reaction score
a quick question to Phil or Zack on this forum.

It's been about 2.5 months or so since I got my Quattro excels and after 7 dives and some snorkeling my fins are separating where the plastic and rubber are joined on the sides, at exactly the same point on both fins. I took it to my dealer yesterday. the mares wholesaler was also present at the time and both told me it looks like a warranty issue and that he will send pics of the fins to mares to follow up. So far so good, they were friendly and helpful.

I remember reading previously of others on this site having the same problem when I was searching information about these fins. They were told to send their fins to mares for inspection and if I remember correctly mares replaced them without any problems.

my question is after inspection did they find why this is occurring? is it just a bad batch of gluing? (just another one of those mondays?) or is it something else?

I really like the quattro excels and don't have any other problems with them. I think they are great for just cruising under water and give plenty of power if you need it. but I am concerned about having the same problem if I replace them. esp. when there is a chance that it might be replaced with another from the same batch...

We really have not had many come back due to this, once they are replaced you should be good.

Regards

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom