Quality Instruction in the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although you can find that kind of instruction in the keys, you can find real instruction by the bucketfull, too. Key largo or Islamorada? If Key Largo, your options are endless, but I'd specifically ask Mselenaous right here on ScubaBoard. I was taught my rescue course long before I knew her, but she seems right uptown, and will work your butt off. In Islamorada, see Capt Gary at CRD. He'll set you up with one of his instructors (or if you are lucky, you'll get Capt Gary himself as your rescue dummy) and you'll work your butt off there, too. I'd be very surprised to find an instructor who will blow off your rescue like they will AOW. We all know that AOW courses are BS, and Rescue is the most important course you will ever take.
Wow Wookie, that's quite a compliment from someone who sets the bar pretty high himself. I hope I can live up to it.
And I too agree, there are some very good instructors in the Keys. I recommend calling to interview them before booking. The longer and richer that instructor's dive career, the more real life practical information she/he will enrich the class with.
I stress to every single student that if they never take another scuba class, they need to at least take Rescue because it's about self-preservation and puts you into accident-prevention mind-set. Learning useful skills while learning to think outside the box...creative problem solving. When you finish, you will feel a real sense of accomplishment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom