Qatar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wantonmien,

I was speaking to some of my more knowledgable BSAC friends last night and they all had nothing but good things to say about the Doho BSAC club. They have their own facilities and as that foreigners are allowed to drink raise quite a good deal to money sellng drinks to fund their club.

Now I am getting "Club" envy.:D

~ME~

Our guest was happy with the service he got in Qatar, but complained about the lack of marine life. A dive club is always nice; meeting up, talking about diving and maybe going on dive trips together. And after all, a dive with a bit of marine life is better than no dive at all :wink:

Thanks all for the feedback, it's a relief to know my dive gear will be needed in my essentials when mobilizing !

Not yet finalised my probable move there, but it is looking very likely from mid year.

Cheers

Ah the Gulf will be nice and warm by then :D

We dive almost every weekend here in Qatar. There is as noted the BSAC dive club but there is also the Al Khor dive club of which I am the sitting chairperson. For the most part our beach diving is not all that good but we do have some excellent offshore boat dives to several sites.

We will be heading out on a short 40 minute boat trip to a barge and small tug that is a very good dive here in Qatar on Friday. We have several dive sites offshore that are better accessed from the northern boat that is owned by 4 active divers. We also have a dive club in Al Khor called the Al Khor Dive Club that has been active since 2000.

Back
Top Bottom