Q & A for Suunto Diving Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris,

There are quite a few Suunto dealers in Saudi Arabia. You can locate the one closest to by the Suunto dealer locater at the link provided: Search Suunto Retailer

There are also tutorial videos that show you how to properly replace the battery in a big face computer (Vyper, Cobra , Gekko , Zoop , Vytec). Battery replacement for all of the big face units is the same. Follow the link for the tutorial video: Suunto Vyper / Vytec / Cobra - how to change the battery - YouTube

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post Merged at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:52 PM ----------

carterT,

Unfortunately, all parts for the Eon have been discontinued and they are no longer in stock.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Chris,
My Viper air is unable to download my latest dives. The computer has 90 dives in the log over 3 years, however the last 30 from a dive holiday are not downloadable.
When attempting, the download wizard shows only 20 dives total in the Viper,whose data appear corrupted (not consistent with the existing dives in my SDM software log or any recent dives I have done).

Strangely the viper air's log has changed. Initially after having downloaddifficulty, the Viper's MEM logbook showed all the correct dive history including profile information.
After some failed attempts at downloading the Viper's MEM logbook changed, showing the same erroneous log information as the SDM download wizard had.
After a recent dive, the Viper's MEM logbook is now showing the correct dive history once again, but the SDM still shows a similar erroneous dive log when downloaded.
From this experimentation, it appears the Viper's memory or download interface has a problem.
I have attempted to download using 3 different versions of download software including DM4 with similar results. The computer is 3 years old.

Any advice or recommendations are welcome
Jarrod

Apparently the only one close to me (Jubail) has been closed, and it is a 4 hr drive to the next (Riyadh), or a 2 hr flight to the other 2. Hopefully i can order one and get it shipped since they have that stupid ban on lithium batteries being shipped now. Thanks for the help at any rate.

---------- Post Merged at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I've found that the DM4 is just junk. DM3 works great, but when I tried to install and use DM4, it won't transfer the backup file from DM3, and I would have to re-enter all the details from the Vyper Air if I wanted to make it work. Until they come up with a really good fix and can make DM4 work, I would stay away from it alltogether.

Jarrod,

You should either send the Vyper in yourself, or bring it to an authorized dealer to have sent in to a sevice center for evaluation. Are you located in the US?

Thanks,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:08 AM ----------

usmc88fan,

Let me know if one of those dealers can send you a battery kit. If not, I will make sure you are able to aquire one.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Chris,
I thought I was getting low fills recently and complained to the dive operator. However, it appears my Suunto Cobra (Air/Nitrox Integrated Computer Console with Compass) is not reading tank pressure correctly. I added an additional analog pressure gauge to the other HP port on the regulator and discovered that with a full tank the cobra reads 300-400 psi lower than the added gauge. Is there an adjustment/calibration procedure for the cobra?

Thanks

I have owned (all pre-owned hand-me-downs) a Mosquito, a Gekko, a D9, and a Vyper. ALL of them except the D9 have developed sensor issues where depth is either reported incorrectly, or not reported at all. There are several threads here on scubaboard about Suunto sensor issues, and one poster had mentioned that there was a bad batch of sensors. Do you know the validity of that claim? Would Suunto be willing to "trade-in" a computer for a discount on another newer computer?

The sensor issue has honestly frustrated me, and I am almost unwilling to purchase a Suunto product at full price as a result.

I have a d9 that flashes te tnk pressure (561 psi) and FAIL .... what does that mean?

is the transmitter batt gettting weak, although I don't get the LOBAT text....

thanks

shawrg,

There is not currently an adjustment/calibration procedure for the Cobra. Your computer needs to be sent in to an authorized service center for evaluation. You can locate the closest service center by the service center locater from the link provided Repair - Service Center Locator | Suunto

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post Merged at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:48 PM ----------

undrwater,

I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with your Suunto diving computers. Unfortunately, by purchasing these units second hand you do not recieve any kind of warranty. When you purchase a Suunto dive computer from an authorized dealer in the US, you receive a 5 year pro-rated warranty. The last trade in program ended on July 31st, but keep checking because there are always new programs. Suunto has launched the new D-series computers (D4i,D6i,D9tx) which have been redesigned from the previous version D-series. The pressure sensor malfunctions have been corrected with the new model lineup. Again I apologize for the malfunctions that you have encountered, and assure you that Suunto is constantly working to correct any issues.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post Merged at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Topbodz,

Have you tried clearing the transmitter code within your D9 dive settings menu? Also, how long has it been since your computer and transmitter have had the batteries replaced?

Thanks,
Chris from Suunto

This is the first time I have seen some one from Suunto admit that there were malfunctions with their pressure sensors. I had a problem with my Vytec and sent called the sevice center and they said they knew of no problems. But, they did offer to sell me a new Vyper Air. I think there should have been a recall, I have heard of several pressure sensor problems. Suunto's lack of customer service is the main reason I decided to purchase and Aeris Elite T3 instead of another Suunto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom