pushed purged while rinsing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaljohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was cleaning my gear after a dive and after a fresh water soak, I hooked the reg up to my tank but forgot to open the tank valve before pushing the purge on the 2nd stage. Seems I read that you should never push the purge while reg is submerged and no air in the line. Is this a big problem.
Please advise.

I think your saying only your second stage was submerged in water. There's a slight chance water made it past the second stage and into the hose where it could make it up to the first stage. I'd just hook it up to a tank and purge it a bit to make sure it's flushed out.

Water in the 2nd stage is fine as long as it was not a lot of salt water. Like chrpai said just hook it up and blow it out.

IMHO, it is not a problem. If the tank was upright with the first stage attached then the chance of it backing up would be little. As the other posters said, turn on the valve and blow the water out.

OK great I did blow it out pretty well.
Thanks all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom