Purge Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BocaGinny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I lost the entire purge valve from my five year old Oceanic Prisim 2 mask at the beginning of a dive.

They no longer make the mask and I cannot find a replacement purge valve any place.
I LOVE my mask and don't want to toss it.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

BocaGinny

The purists on the board are gonna shout us down but I love mine too.

I purchased a Panoramic Purge Mask from ST for $39.95 and carry it in my save-a-dive kit. It looks identical to my Oceanic Purge mask purchased 3 years ago.

hypersonic

Leave for Roatan in the morning...
Leave for Komodo Island the day after Christmas

I doubt is any mfgr uses a specially made purge valve in a mask. So you might try measuring the diameter of the valve you need and then go shopping. But you may have a problem find a shop that is willing to go through the trouble of matching the diameter for so little profit.

You might want to post the diameter here and see if anyone has such a valve in their scuba junk bins. I'm off the net for a week but I'll look when I get back.

I know that some companies such as SEADIVE make purge valve kits for their masks, but who stocks a purge valve. It would seem that OCEANIC has excellent customer service. Maybe try posting in the Oceanic manufacturer's section or directly on there site?

FYI - since my post, we found one at Fill Express in Pompano.
It works even better than the one that came in the mask.

Back
Top Bottom