Punta Cana in the DR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InWay2Deep

Contributor
Reaction score
Any recommendations for Cave Diving in Punta Cana? We are planning our trips for next year and typically we goto Playa, MX and I cave dive there. Family wants to switch it up this year and try the DR. We would be staying near Playa Macao so anything within 1hr of that would be reasonable for me. I dive Sidemount CCR and like to do one 2-3hr dive per day. Is CCR worth it in the DR? Easy enough to get Sorb and O2? Any cave suggestions or guides you would recommend?

I was there in Feb, staying at the Majestic Mirage (not too far from you). I did SM, but not CCR. Not sure about logistics for that, but I *think* they have CCR supplies available there (my guide said he was hoping to buy a CCR soon so that's a good sign). After a bit of research and asking around I went with Italo from DRDivers as my guide. He came to my hotel and picked me up everyday, and I had a great experience.

I did 3 days of diving, day 1 2x caves near Bayahibe (Chico + padre nuestro), 2nd day did a couple of ocean wrecks from Bayahibe, 3rd day we had planned to do a stage dive in El Toro but I guess the guy that controls access to the site wasn't responding so we went to Jardin Oriental in santo domingo instead (lots of driving that day).

Caves were OK, but I still prefer Mexico caves. If you want the contact info for Italo I can DM it to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom