Pumpkins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might be able to make it. It's not definite at this point. Unfortunately, I won't know for sure till friday night....
Mike.

Do we have a plan?

Carve out the innards...

Anchor it? What should I bring?

shellbird once bubbled...
Do we have a plan?

Carve out the innards...

Anchor it? What should I bring?

My thinking is - clean the pumpkin out before coming to the dive, maybe trace the cut areas before the dive. During the dive, finally get to use that knife that you've been schlepping along on every dive and never got to use :). We are planning on doing the actual carving underwater right? As for anchoring - there are rocks in Jamestown, yes? I'm not sure, I've never been down that way. Stick a few rocks inside an empty pumpkin and voila! Or maybe bring some rope, make a hole in the bottom of a pumpkin, pass the rope through and tie off to something inside the pumpkin as well as a heavy rock or a lead weight on the outside.

So, bring:

1 x Cleaned out pumpkin
1 x Knife
1 x Length of rope (20-30 ft?)
2 x Glow sticks
2 x Dive lights (if you have them and planning on doing a night dive)

? x Spare lead weights

Anything else I'm forgetting?

-Roman.

Just a tip I heard but haven't tried. The red glow sticks are suppose to show up better.

Chad

Here's my plan.

Arrive around 10:30... in water around 11am for a dive with shellbird, and anyone else that's there.

out of the water around noonish...

Wait for all the pumpkin carvers to arrive by 1pm.

Pumpkin dive whenever we all get ready... 1:30-2:00.
out of the water 2-2:30.

Stop laughing around 3:00 :)

go get tanks filled/grab a sandwich

back for more diving... maybe a pre-night dive, and a night dive.... or just a night dive with the pumpkins... depends what time it is.

I'll bring a pumpkin... and my camera.

I can go earlier, if anyone else is...

Is anyone going to just dive? I think I may show up, but I'm not too interested in carving a pumpkin underwater. I'd like to just play around and observe people's creations.

EDIT: Rax posted 30 seconds before me. I may show up for the morning dive with you. I may even bring my gf to hang out and watch bubbles.

AaronBBrown once bubbled...
Looks like I won't be there. Sorry, guys. I look forward to the pictures.
Your gf can use my kayak... I can bring it along no problem...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom