Pumpkin Carving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm thinking about making the trip down to Hathaway's pond for PG Dive's pumpkin carving thing on sunday morning. Is anyone else going?

I'm not a fan of the pond, or the drive down, but UW pumpkin carving is always entertaining.

Quick side note, does anyone know at what depth a pumpkin will implode? I search the treads and saw numerous pumpkin carving contests so I'm assuming someone has tried this. I might have to try this.

Edit: sorry to hijack the thread. Perhaps I should have started a new thread if this is going to generate a discussion.

No problem with the hijack, that's important stuff. :wink:
I'd be interested to hear your results, but since I've always pre-hollowed my UW carving pumpkins so I could drop a weight in them, I'm not sure either at what depth a pumpkin will implode, or how much weight it would take to get said pumpkin underwater in the first place. Even open, they're awfully buoyant, so I have to think one with a closed air space would be very floaty. Maybe some year I'll try to build a pumpkin raft.

Hey Matt, my buddy and I will be heading down for the carving. We need to finish up our dry suit class, but hope it doesn't interfere with the slicin'. See you there.

It did happen. Not sure if PG posted anything this year. Sorry, I didn't take any photos!

Hi

I'm getting someone to put up few pictures, normally we put them up on our website right away, but we are in the process of redoing it.

Thanks

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom