Pumpkin Carving Dive Oct 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was sixty four degrees above the thermocline and forty-five degrees by the tubes.

Wish that I could be there, but I will likely have to work this weekend. They let the zoo cage open last weekend and need us animals back in for another couple of weeks.

We're going to try to start carving at approx. 2 pm though I'll be there in the morning to set up and try to get a dive in. Look for the white tent with a few halloween decorations hanging on it :)
Ber :lilbunny:

Hey Ber,

One of the guys in our pumpkin carving contest this past weekend used one of those kits. It was his 12 year old daughter's idea. She took the pattern and transferred it to the pumpkin using small dots. Then he followed the dots under water.

Also, everyone that carved pumpkins decided that next year they'll use the special 'tools' from a couple of the kits. The ones that had used their dive knives to carve the pumpkins came close to cutting body parts.

'twas quite fun! Hope your weekend is as well.

Paula

We're just doing this as a fun dive rather than a contest. The stencils are great and some of the carving tools with larger handles work really well with gloves on. We were carving at a friend's house on Friday night and I managed to impale one of the tools that looks like a letter opener about 1/4 inch into my forearm when it slipped out of the pumpkin as I was cutting the top out. Luckily it didn't hit anything important so we washed the puncture, bandaged it and I went back to carving. Glad that wasn't underwater, I would have been ticked if I had put a hole in my drysuit :wink:

Ber Rabbit:
We're just doing this as a fun dive rather than a contest. The stencils are great and some of the carving tools with larger handles work really well with gloves on. We were carving at a friend's house on Friday night and I managed to impale one of the tools that looks like a letter opener about 1/4 inch into my forearm when it slipped out of the pumpkin as I was cutting the top out. Luckily it didn't hit anything important so we washed the puncture, bandaged it and I went back to carving. Glad that wasn't underwater, I would have been ticked if I had put a hole in my drysuit :wink:

...not to mention all the sharks that would have started swimming around ya....

wb416:
...not to mention all the sharks that would have started swimming around ya....

Actually it didn't even bleed at first, I had to squeeze it to make it bleed and then it was only a drop. Wierd.

Ber,

I'll be there with cam in hand; it's suppose to be sunny so maybe I can get some more clips for the video. Mike wants some footage of his new UW platforms in use, so since Tim will be there with a class, maybe I can get some clips there of him and his class in action.

Barracuda2:
Ber,

I'll be there with cam in hand; it's suppose to be sunny so maybe I can get some more clips for the video. Mike wants some footage of his new UW platforms in use, so since Tim will be there with a class, maybe I can get some clips there of him and his class in action.

I'm looking to take some photos and/or video of the new platforms also. At some point I will get them on the website, but in the shorter term, I'm putting together a simple presentation. Mike's going to have it run at his booth at the Shipwreck and Scuba in Sandusky in a couple of weeks (Nov 12th).

If you get some good clear footage, perhaps you'll consider letting me use it for Mike. He said he could get a second laptop for running a continuous video loop, if needed.

bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom