Pullover dry gloves - source for smaller sizes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elgoog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi -

I'm currently using the pullover dry gloves with the rings I got from @Dive Right In Scuba and am very satisfied with them. The smallest size available from them is a 9 and that still leaves a fair bit of extra material when I use them with the wool liners. I've ordered the fleece gloves for extra warmth (last 2 dives were 2hr long in 49F water, fingers were frozen at the end) and also figure it will take up some of the slack in the rubber.

I had a few questions about these gloves I have not yet been able to find the answer to.
- What's the manufacturer of this glove? I was going to see if I can find more sizes at an industrial supply store or similar. My wife has much smaller hands and would need something like a size 6 or 7.
- Does any one already have experience in getting smaller sizes? What's the best place to buy them from? I won't need a dozen, more like 2 or 3 pairs.
- DRIS also recommended I try the SureGrip gloves which are the same ones used in the Kubi system. Has anyone used these with the pullover rings?

Thanks in advance,
elgoog

Go to your local hardware/home improvement store and look at the rubber work gloves they have. Might find a smaller size that way. I know a few people who buy their rubber pullover dry gloves that way.

Go to your local hardware/home improvement store and look at the rubber work gloves they have. Might find a smaller size that way. I know a few people who buy their rubber pullover dry gloves that way.
My knowledge of which gloves work for pullover rings is limited to "stretchy" and "no lining". What I'm looking for is more detail in terms of thickness, industrial or some kind of rating (if something like this even exists), specific types that have been used with drysuits, etc. Going to the hardware store and browsing is far too trial and error and, honestly, I have no idea how many different types of gloves are out there that would look like they may work.

I'm being lazy and looking to pull from the collective experience on SB.

The gloves that came from DRiS with my Kubi rings are the model G17K (the K apparently being the color code for Black). Go to Zoro.com and start by searching for G17K, then go from there. The G17K comes in sizes down to 6.5, I think. But, they're only 9.5 inches long, I think. But I'm pretty sure I've seen 13" gloves on there. You might need them long like that if you're going to use them as pullovers.

The G17K are only about $2/pair.

Another option - go and buy some Showa 660s in a size that fit you perfectly, then go and get a 2 part adhesive (Bostik 2402 is good), and a set of bottle latex wrist seals or appropriately sized latex motorbike inner tube. Cut the gloves back to the right length and make your own set of the usual style pull-over dry gloves using the glue and wrist seals.

This way, I'm sure you can make a set smaller than the ones available from the likes of sitech (and probably cheaper too!).

If you want to stay with latex, as Stuartv has pointed out, G17k is the way to go.

Bevan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom