Pulau Weh resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm afraid I won't write any trip report because my English is not good enough.
I will post soon a report on my dives at Pulau Island in a French forum (Plongeur.com).
As I can see, you speak French...:)

Bjr Emmanuel, j'irais lire ton report sur plongeur.com. However I think your English is good enough to write & post a report on SB too :)

Bjr Emmanuel, j'irais lire ton report sur plongeur.com. However I think your English is good enough to write & post a report on SB too :)

That's it, I finished my report on Pulau Weh at last :blush:
I've posted it in the French forum : Plongeur.com

Page 1 is about Kota Kinabalu and Sipadan (Borneo), page 4 is about Pulau Weh.

Hi!. After 20 years diving as professional I only could say Lumba Lumba in Palau Weh, is the worse and the most dangerous place I've ever seen. In last 2 months, 6 people where to hospital. When I been there, the second day I felt strong headache. I inspect the tanks, and all of them where out of service, then when you dive there, you get air intoxication. The equipment for rent is completely out of service. A disaster. Go diving Palau Whe, but not in Lumba-Lumba

Hi!. After 20 years diving as professional I only could say Lumba Lumba in Palau Weh, is the worse and the most dangerous place I've ever seen. In last 2 months, 6 people where to hospital. When I been there, the second day I felt strong headache. I inspect the tanks, and all of them where out of service, then when you dive there, you get air intoxication. The equipment for rent is completely out of service. A disaster. Go diving Palau Whe, but not in Lumba-Lumba
Sorry buddy, but even though I didn't go with Lumba², I don't buy what you say because :
1- you've only had 2 posts on this board and they're only for flaming Lumba²
2- what kind of professional are you, when you claim you've been diving for 20 years while you selected less than 999 dives on your status. 50 dives on average per year looks more to me like a plumbing professional than a diving professional (That's about my record in average dives per year).
3- Moreover I've read tens of reviews on Lumba², some of them written by people I trust, I don't remember anyone being even dissatisfied with them.
4- btw it's Pulau not Palau.
5- and oh yes... air intoxication merely come from the tanks themselves but rather from the air compressor and its surroundings.

Probably someone who's pissed off because he didn't see a whale shark or whatever.
Nice try. :D

I agree with Luko
I dived with Lumba Lumba in November 2010. No issues I would definitly dive with them again if I was going back to Pulau Weh.

The shop
DSC_1692.jpg

Our Room
DSC_1685.jpg

MaMa donut (great snacks)
DSC_1743.jpg

One of my many underwater shots
PS-P1010614.jpg

p.s. She is pointing at a line on the building. That was the height of the water when the Tsunami hit.
Amazingly no one on the beach was killed even though the beach was full at the time. The bay was facing away from wave front so instead of a huge wave it was more like an enormous surge. and the hill rises sharply behind the beach so they could escape to higher ground.
If you go you must ask to see the picture album.

Hi Luko !

I'll try to answer your questions.

1.- I've put this post, not for flaming Lumba Lumba, I've put it for try to avoid another pleople about health problems. As I said in last months 6 people needed to go to hospital. I tried to avoid it with my post. You don't have to belive-me, just ask in the hospital located in Medan, or arround Palau Weh.

And yes, I've signed in in this forum, just for advise people about Lumba-Lumba.

2.- I work in salvamento y rescate maritimo, in Barcelona. Sorry but I started to learn englisg 6 months ago, and maybe I couldn't comunicate as good as I would. In last year I did 470 tech-dives.

3.- You don't have to belive what I explained, but it's true.The best you can do if you have some doubts is go and see yourself.

4.- And about what you said because I've wrote this post, must be because I dind't see whale sharks, etc, I don't want to reply that, and I don' t want to insult or offend you here. What I've said is true. If you don't agree, is ok.

If you have some "personal" problem as it seems about me and if you have to come to Barcelona, please, send me a private msg, and you are wellcome to discuss it face to face.

My intention was to avoid health problems to other divers, or ruin your holidays. That' s all.

Luis

Sorry buddy, but even though I didn't go with Lumba², I don't buy what you say because :
1- you've only had 2 posts on this board and they're only for flaming Lumba².
2- what kind of professional are you, when you claim you've been diving for 20 years while you selected less than 999 dives on your status. 50 dives on average per year looks more to me like a plumbing professional than a diving professional (That's about my record in average dives per year).
3- Moreover I've read tens of reviews on Lumba², some of them written by people I trust, I don't remember anyone being even dissatisfied with them.
4- btw it's Pulau not Palau.
5- and oh yes... air intoxication merely come from the tanks themselves but rather from the air compressor and its surroundings.

Probably someone who's pissed off because he didn't see a whale shark or whatever.
Nice try. :D

If you have some "personal" problem as it seems about me

Errrhhh... wot? :acid: Looks you're on a bad trip, buddy. Cool down.

Luko what do you think now.What a horror this was,Just happy everyone was ok.

Also a boat packed with divers is not for me.

Back
Top Bottom