Pulau Aur

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mudguppy

Reaction score
This appears to be where one would post a dive trip report.

This last May I visited my brother in Singapore. I took my dive gear along so I would be able to dive there, you couldn't go there and not dive!

Did an overland trip to Pulau Aur. It was beautiful, and some of the most colorful and varied things that I have seen. The fans, and nudibranches and many fish...it was great viz and warm water.

I have since dove Hawaii. I suppose there are some great places to dive and some wonderful things to see, but even the shops there said that they couldn't compete with Asian diving. Altho, the lava tubes in Owahu are quite awsome and alot of fun to swim thru. I thought that I would be afraid to swim thru them, but it was loads of fun.

I would go back to Malaysia, Tailand, Indonesia diving in a heartbeat!!

For West Malaysia, Pulau Redang would be another good spot to fo far. It is far north to Kuala Lumpur or about 10 hrs coach overland.

The ultimate dive experience in Malaysian soil. I will vote for Sipadan in Sabah (coz I been there). Lyang Lyang will be my next target. 40 - 50 m vis, plus HUGE marine life are the norm in Sipadan.

I'm starting a savings so I can go back again.....the money thing, ya know. I don't think I can get back there in the near future.

My nephew, from Singapore, dove Phi Phi...said it was great. I wanted to do some dives there, but ran short of money to get there from Singapore. Next time.

Would have liked to do the 7 skies wreck, but not enough people to go. :(

I was told by the instructor I dove with in Pulau Aur that I should come back and dive Lyang Lyang. Also a dive spot in Indonesia..started with a B, but I can't remember what it was.

Neve,
I see by your profile you dove Tioman.
I did get over to Tioman and got a few dives in there.
The drift dive I did was great. The Marine park was a blast...diving around all the wrecks. Saw alot of weird sea life there, too...scorpion fish, rock fish.
I'm ready to see some peligics now.

I'll keep putting my pennies away...some day it will happen:)

Mudguppy

A 6m WHALE SHARK was sighted near Rayner's Rock, Pulau AUR,Malaysia this morning (27 Oct)

Guess what ??

I SAW it :bounce:

Never expect to see it during my last dive of the season.

Not only that ... there's lots of bumphead parrotfishes (Big one) and many more.. and the viz was great too...

for those heading to AUR before the season ends.. hope u have a great time too

Awsome you were able to sight it!!!

That's gotta be a rush

:sharks:

animian2002 once bubbled...
A 6m WHALE SHARK was sighted near Rayner's Rock, Pulau AUR,Malaysia this morning (27 Oct)

Guess what ??

I SAW it :bounce:

Never expect to see it during my last dive of the season.

Not only that ... there's lots of bumphead parrotfishes (Big one) and many more.. and the viz was great too...

for those heading to AUR before the season ends.. hope u have a great time too

You wouldn't mind buying me dinner for that sightings... would you :D

orca once bubbled...

You wouldn't mind buying me dinner for that sightings... would you :D

sure anytime...

just name the place and time and I'm be there :D

Mudguppy,

u r right, It is very lucky of me to be able to see it. Being a novice, sighting like this is really priceless to me.

YES.. :bounce: ..hehehe...if only I can touch it...

Hi crazy divers,

All the comments about Aur sound great!

I'll be going there this weekend and hoping for the best. I have heard that the visibility is not that great now. Anybody who has recently just got back from a dive there and have any knowledge on the vis and the encounters over there now?

and I am bringing one of my girl for her 1st sea encounter! OPenwater dive. heeee.... So I hope she will get some good encounters there.

cheers :)

Hey there,I last dove at Aur was during the labor day long weekend.The vist about 7-8m,saw a few turtles and the other usual stuffs like triggerfishes and nudis...I love that place. Shld be heading back soon.Enjoy yourselves there.Maybe if you are lucky you can spot dolphins or even a whale shark or maybe better,a manta,that is IF you'r lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom