Puerto Vallarta Water Temp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For future reference for people, I find the most reliable source of up to date water temp data are from the fleet's fishing reports for each port.

JustinW:
For future reference for people, I find the most reliable source of up to date water temp data are from the fleet's fishing reports for each port.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

gandhiReBreather:
like thay just told you its 69 the deeper the colder i just got back from pv i dove with a 7.5 with out a hood i did a dive of 140 min stright dive depth of 100 to 60 fsw and i did not get cold onece it was nice if you go see twin dophines dive shop and see giovoni shop owner he has 7.5 suite for rent and a good outfit to dive with highly recomended 10+ dive shop now go dive and have fun

I met Giovani in 1990 great guy. The water was warmer then, 82 in November. Dove every day without a suit. I was younger and tougher then. HaHa.

I saw huge Mantas north of PV about 30-45 mins drive at Punta di Mita. I hear it's a big surf destination now. But south of the point was beautiful. Great viz when I was there lots of rock arches to dive through. The beach was amazing white sand and you could walk out into the water a long ways and only be waist deep with no surf. Then it would drop off to 30-60 feet.

good times. I need to go back.

gdcb

Was in the drink in PV two weeks ago (see trip report below). Verdict: cold. Low 70's with a thermocline at 30' near shore. The guy I was diving with was pretty big and was okay in his 3 mm shorty and boots. I was grateful for a farmer john with 4 mm shorty on top - I would not have been comfortable in my 3 mm short below the thermocline, and I don't get cold easily.

Back
Top Bottom