Puerto Vallarta Water Temp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_ben

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

A friend of mine is traveling to Puerto Vallarta the week of Jan. 7th, 2006. Anybody have an idea what the water temperatures might be?

Thanks in advance,

Ben Feferman
scuba_ben

feferman@pond.com

On 12/23 it was 69 degrees f. The local dive operators who supply wetsuits are using suits that are a bit too cool for 69. Several people on my recent dive were cold. If your friend is not inclined to bring a wetsuit, he/she should at least bring a hood, or better a hooded vest.

It should be right around 70 degrees F. Like Bruce said, the two operators I dove with were renting shorties. Would have been a bit cold for my taste.

like thay just told you its 69 the deeper the colder i just got back from pv i dove with a 7.5 with out a hood i did a dive of 140 min stright dive depth of 100 to 60 fsw and i did not get cold onece it was nice if you go see twin dophines dive shop and see giovoni shop owner he has 7.5 suite for rent and a good outfit to dive with highly recomended 10+ dive shop now go dive and have fun

Bruce how is the vis and what sites did you dive? I am leaving for Dreams Resort in PV on the 12th and have been pondering taking the dive bag or the golf bag.
Randy

I read there is a chance to see some Manta's this time of year and also the humpbacks are calfing in the bay. Would be sweet to see a manta, and hear humpbacks singing in the background.

I dove Marietas Island and Magahuitas (a beach south of the harbor). Vis was maybe 20 feet. I did see a manta at Marietas Island. From the boat we saw both whales and dolphins.

Incidentally, I've always gone with Villarta Adventures when I'm in PV and really like their operation. As a result of my latest dives there, all the guys on the dive boat know me as the guy who found the gold ring at Marietas Island. If you dive with them, tell them you know the guy who found the ring in December.

this time of the year is a good for seing mantas and whales. viz is not always good but it changes from week to week so hopefully you`ll have great time there.

regards.

The diving is worth it. You won't have great vis, but there is a lot of marine life to check out. Last Feb. when I was there the vis changed daily, but is was never worse than about 20 feet. We had a day where it was close to 40 feet. We saw Mantas, whales, eels, rays and lots of fish.

Well just a chance to swim with manta's is enough for me. i will pack my comp and dive log and just rent gear down there. Lets go get wet.
I will post some feed back on the diving when i get back.

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom