Puerto Vallarta in Mid-February 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkmail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm heading down to Puerto Vallarta for a week in Feb, but can only get in one day of diving. :(

I've been looking at my options, but wouldn't mind some advice from people that visit there regularily.

It seems that the really good sites are significantly further away than the average I'm used to. Are they worth the extra time, $$, and effort? What is the 'best' dive shop to book with?

I wasn't thinking of doing anything too complicated - I'll be taking a single tank set-up with me (minus tanks and weight) - I'm still waiting for the Aluminum BP to arrive though. Certification & experience wise, I'm primarily cold water, Wreck Adv Nitrox, Trimix, Deco, and CCR.

Comments?

Thanks a bunch!

Sunkmail; was wondering how the trip went. I was looking at the same topic. We are already planning a large group trip for next spring. (i know, seems so long away) And have been doing research on the location and dive shops. Im getting my OW cert in 2 weeks, so im pretty pumped to take my skills out of the country. We will probably be staying at the Dreams resort in puerto vallart. Let me know who you went with, what sites you went to, and your overall recommendations for the area. Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom