VDH BP/W package review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On page 4 of the thread you can see pictures of me testing the #18 wing. It actually came out to be #21 but as others have pointed out that could vary a bit depending on plate used. I used a standard DIR style plate but it you used the VDH or Freedom plate it could be a little more....Lex reported from Truk that he thinks his is closer to #20.
I will continue to advertise and promote the #18 as just that. I'd rather it have a bit more lift than advertised than a bit less. Either way it is the most compact and versatile travel sized wing on the market.
When I get more #35's later this month I will do the exact same test and post the results in a new thread.
Has anyone done this test yet for the #23 and #35?

Has anyone done this test yet for the #23 and #35?
I did it on the 35 (don’t have the 23) as well as the 18, the 35 was slightly over 40 lb unencumbered in fresh water.

The #35 were in stock on VDH's website for a hot minute; appears the #18 and #23 are still in stock.

yeah I was one of the fortunate ones to grab a 35

Dang! I was snoozing and missed this

So I've got some dives on my 35# Argonaut wing and I couldn't be happier. With all the COVID stuff going on, waiting for the wing to get back in stock felt near impossible but I'm glad I did. It's my first wing, but so far I'm a lot happier with it than the hybrid/back inflate set up that I had been renting before. It's far more compact and feels incredibly well made. Not sure how much weight the words of a beginner carry, but it's a fantastic wing.

Back
Top Bottom