Puerto Rico Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm heading to Puerto Rico for a Roosevelt Roads school reunion during the last week of March (2007) and am staying in Fajardo. Are there any charters in Fajardo that might be recommended? I'm particularly interested in any charters heading over to Vieques and Culebra. Thanx in advance for any help that can be provided as I have not been back since 1976!

Does anyone know of operators that are currently going to Mona Island? Also, any recommendations for places to stay in Rincon? I am looking for a trip sometime this year to surf and scuba. I have not been to Puerto Rico and would like advice on when is the best time to go. Thanks!!

jaymi:
Does anyone know of operators that are currently going to Mona Island? Also, any recommendations for places to stay in Rincon? I am looking for a trip sometime this year to surf and scuba. I have not been to Puerto Rico and would like advice on when is the best time to go. Thanks!!

Jaymi:
I guess where to stay depends on what you're planning on doing. If you're going to spend your time surfing or diving, you probably want something north town off of 413- I think John does a great job at Dos Angeles, or you might want to crash at Beside the Pointe at Tamboo. If you're just looking to veg and work on your tan, I'd recommend Rincon Beach Resort in Anasco.
I've been looking for a Mona trip myself- I think that you'd have better luck further down the coast at Cabo Rojo, if anywhere. Any locals who know better please let me know.

You should try to contact Mona Aquatics. They are the only operator that I know that has scheduled trips to Mona Island. The problem is that they need to have 20 people in order to do the trip. Most time the whole boat is chartered buy other dive shops. If you let us know in advance we can help you set a trip to Mona. It is a great place to dive and Higly recomend it!

Tony
Puerto Rico Technical Diving Center
Aguadilla, PR

dbosullivan,

Well I guess that when you came over on those six other times there were wave... But two weeks ago they have shedule a championship for surfing in Rincon and it was cancelled because water was flat. I guess you miss that oportunity.... Whe know because surfers, when there are no waves guess what... they dive! So It is a matter of mother nature... Whe can control it.. Today we have waves 6-11 ft in Crash boat (Aguadilla). An yesterday was flat with 60ft+ vis.

We own a dive shop in Aguadilla, PR (Puerto Rico Technical Diving Center). Next time you decide to visit PR let us know, we will be glad to show you around and or give you heads up on the weather conditions in the West area...

Thanks,
Tony

Tony:
Where in Aguadilla are you located? Are you at Crash Boat Beach? We always fly in to Aguadilla and drive down to Rincon. It would be nice to have another dive option- especially if you can set up a dive trip to Mona.

I am on Hw 107. Right across from the plane (that is in the woods). We are 5min form BQN and 5 min from Crash Boat. Check our web www technicaldivingpr. We just opened 4 months ago. Let us know if we can help you..

Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom