Puerto Galero or Dumaguete?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the comments- keep them coming! I'm stuck with Atlantis because I "won" a charity auction with a choice of the two resorts :)

Take the free trip to PG and add a paid trip to Dumaguette. You’re traveling halfway around the world-may as well enjoy it. Remember to get a room on a lower level at PG. I was “lucky” enough to get a penthouse. About 10,000 steps to get up to the top. You really don’t want to have to go back to your room to get something you forgot. Both resorts are great. Very different. Skip the whaleshark trip at Dumaguette. Waste of a diving day.

Thanks for the comments- keep them coming! I'm stuck with Atlantis because I "won" a charity auction with a choice of the two resorts :)

Tough choice then, perhaps take the PG resort and head elsewhere for another week or two, but you'll have to head back to Manila for a flight.

Depending on your interests:

Subic Bay: Wrecks and no additional Flight, but a long road trip
Cebu: Varied diving around there
Negros Oriental: (Zamboanguita) get out to Apo Island, it's amazingly unspoiled.

Ah, that changes things.

I suppose flying to Manila and getting to PG is simple-ish. The diving is interesting. (You do like critters, right?) As said get a lower room.

Personally I'd do Dumaguette, then for maximum convienience add on a week on their liveaboard, on an itinerary that leaves from there.

Another thing to consider would be to skip Manila and fly into Cebu instead. They had been trying to make Cebu more of a hub ton offload Manila, with more international flights in. Fly to Dumaguette, then back to Cebu for a second week someplace on that island. Don't know what flights are like now, but it's even possible to get to Dumaguette without flying. If you really want that. Drive-ferry-drive just like going to PG, though the driving part is longer. But interesting. Maybe Atlantis would also help with that transfer, could ask.

Ah, that changes things.

I suppose flying to Manila and getting to PG is simple-ish. The diving is interesting. (You do like critters, right?) As said get a lower room.

Personally I'd do Dumaguette, then for maximum convienience add on a week on their liveaboard, on an itinerary that leaves from there.

Another thing to consider would be to skip Manila and fly into Cebu instead. They had been trying to make Cebu more of a hub ton offload Manila, with more international flights in. Fly to Dumaguette, then back to Cebu for a second week someplace on that island. Don't know what flights are like now, but it's even possible to get to Dumaguette without flying. If you really want that. Drive-ferry-drive just like going to PG, though the driving part is longer. But interesting. Maybe Atlantis would also help with that transfer, could ask.

Nothing travel-wise happening right now. Doubt that will change for several months. Sticking to the Atlantis Resorts makes transfers seamless. They do everything for you.

Good option :thumb:

Cebu airport is quieter too, flew in and out of there last December and it was a breeze compared to Manila

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom