Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wantonmien

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'll be heading to Puerto for the first time in a couple of weeks, and interested to hear of the best dive sites there. I'll be there 5 days so any suggestions of which dive shop to head for, and which dives 'not to miss' ?

Also from Manila airport, what is the going rate for a taxi to Batangas, and boat over now ?

Advise appreciated, cheers.

Taxi from airport is not relay feasible since it over 2 hours travle to Batangas I suggest that you look up the websites of various hotels or resorts in PG. Most of them offer the transfer from airport to Batangas and the boat to PG. If you will get a private van is about 5,000.oo peso plus , If you will stay overnight in manila there are some buses that go direct to batngas pier. if you will try and do it on your own the taxi from airport to Pasay is about 350.00 . the bus from Pasay to Batangas Pier is about 200 peso and the various boats from Batangas to PG (sabang) are also around 200 peso. re dive sites theres lots of websites about PG diving

dont miss the Canyons!!

I recommend divedojo (to your right if u arrive). Great shop, excellent gear and top of the line instructors, also free espresso and internet

Last edited:
dont miss the Canyons!!

I recommend divedojo (to your left if u arrive). Great shop, excellent gear and top of the line instructors, also free espresso and internet

Great dive shop ---- Canyons #1

My wife and I did 27 dives in PG in December - not a bad one in the bunch. If I were to pick the best I would have to say Verde Island Drop-off.

Verde ---- #2

Do not miss these sites! Forget about eating or sleeping until you dive them.:cool2:

verde is #2 indeed, a good # 2 though

best dive is: hole in the wall --> canyons --> fish bowl. You will need nitrox and a low air consumption though

Try to arrange a trip going to verde as soon as you arrive cause it takes an hour to get there so you need more divers for the fuel charge

Taxi from airport is not relay feasible since it over 2 hours travle to Batangas

why not?
besides privat resort transfer this is the fastest way to get to batangas. approx. 2500php

it mainly depends on time of arrival. are you early in the day let's say till 1300hours and you don't want to spend the amount of mony the resorts are asking for transfer. just step out of the airport and get an official taxi.
check on the banke transfer batangas - sabang. to my knowledge the latest run at 1700hours.

late in the afternoon, if you are very keen on diving the next morning get a private transfer or better book the city state tower hotel in manila (not realy 5*) stay over night.

maybe have a few sanmig towers with the girls in la cafe and take the sikat bus 8 o'clock next morning.

have a look at el galleon/asia divers. for me the best dive outfit in pg.

90% of the dive sites are all along Sabang, so if you can get a place to stay there, you're good to go. Verde island is not a daily run but some dive shops organize one when there are enough interested to go. I have been very comfortable staying at SheChe Inn in Small Laguna which is beside Searider Dive Center. Just check him out in his web and he can make all the arrangements for you: back packer's choice As soon as my flooded G10 gets out from the Canon service shop I will be headed there again.:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom