Puerto Galera vs Anilao diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks. i was thinking of Hilongos-Cebu. and the fastcraft from Cebu to Dumaguete is about 2-2.5 hours. it is actually supposed to be shorter but the trip usually drops by Bohol first before moving onwards to Dumaguete.
yeah, I've taken it as far as Bohol and that takes about 2 hours. I thought it'd at least take an additional hour to duma after dropping off the passengers. I have no clue if there's any that goes direct without stopping at Bohol, that'd save some time.

Well...I just checked and it looks like I can get an international flight into Manila and a return out of Cebu. So, I was just thinking about flipping my itinerary and doing the first week in Sogod Bay (flying from Manila), then taking the ferry over to Cebu, and staying somewhere for the last 6 days, then flying home from Cebu. If I did this, would you recommend Bohol or Cabilao or Dumaguette? We love macro and beautiful reefs, not that crazy about wall dives (for us wall diving is OK for a couple of days, but wouldn't want to do wall dives the whole week). I got the impression that Bohol and Cabilao was mostly wall diving, but something tells my I'm way off on that. I appreciate your advice!

If u r flying bk fr Cebu, maybe u might want to consider Malapascua? They have macro stuff too - pygmy seahorses, seahorses, frogfish, nudibranches, mandarin fishes etc etc... :wink:

ooooh, i recommend Malapascua too. they have mandarin dives and well- Gato Island is also cool- just far way off the island... and if u are lucky, u get to see threshers and mantas...

Everyone, thanks so much for your input. After weighing everthing, including the travel time, I'm going to stick with the week in Anilao and the week in Sogod Bay. I'll just have to plan another trip dedicated to the Visayas! I'll post a trip report when we get back. Thanks again for your help.

he, he, we also bought Cebu Pacific airtickets to Manila from Feb. 7 to Feb 19, 2009. We will dive in Anilao, PG, Apo Reef, Subic Bay. Will spend 2 days in Anilao and Subic Bay each and 3 days in Apo Reef and PG.

Back
Top Bottom