puerto galera still good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swisstrav

Contributor
Reaction score
i really love puerto galera for its critters, verde island for good vis, the kiliman dirft for it's thrills and the point for the hours after diving

but after two typhoons, is it still the same? are the critters still in sabang bay? how about the coralls? i would guess, point is still the same ;-)

i'm just not sure to plan on an other extensive trip some times around end of year.

what do you locals think, knowing pg before and after the typhoons?

thanks for your comments in advance.

monkey beach has been damaged by the 2nd typhoon. but PG is still good for me. i still love every dives i had there up to my last dive last month.

but you might want to consider Cabilao and the area around visayas for your next trip. it has been highlighted over and over again in the past few months with lots of ooohs and aaahsss.(Pakman and Diver_Dennis had comprehensive report on their respective trips, do look them up when u have time).

and oh, abt the point, the hammerhead's the expert for that. :)

hi, thanks for fast reply

the point? kind of an expert myself:drunks:

hmmmm, about that cabilao business. we want that very quiet. been there myself for 4 days, but after the first day decided to stay an other 3. 7 days of diving with bobet. can't get any better. in my opinion the best dive spot in the visayas. ok, malapascua und dauin are good to. i certainly go back to that hidden island. and yes i know where to ask for bobet:D

VISAYAS DIVING ROCKS!!!! ......I always say that. Ya think I might be biased?

my wife is from the visayas, can't wait to visit her family

HI,
Pg I think is still good. My last dive there was 2nd week of march. The pink wall I know collapsed. and Monkey beach corals are damaged up to 5-8 meters depth. but the canyons and the rest are still good. More fishes the last time I dived there. Am planning to go again on the end of may. Have you dived at the Apo island, dumagete. Try it. Lots of jacks humphead parrot fish and Mameng, and nice diving with good visibility. You can almost touch the jacks. i've just benn there for 5 diays diving last April 21-25.

There is a Mega Dive-O-Rama coming up on June 10th in PG. There are still lots of great dives there and as you know the Point is always lots of fun...:D

amen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom