Puerto galera and rice teraces??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hallboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Who could discribe me the under sea life in puerto Galera? ( i'm not really a fan of critters and muck diving ) i would like to add or a short cruise to Apo reef, or /and a 2 days trip to rice terraces: how could i manage that for not loosing to much timetime from my arrival in Manilla or before my departure?

Thanks

make it back to manila from Apo or PG in the evening, take the overnight bus to the rice terraces. You'll arrive early morning. Enjoy the sun rise if you can catch it. After being wowed at Banaue, head over to segada. After all is said and done, head back to Manila that evening to make it back in the early morning. Or you can stay the night there. Or you can head to bagiuo and spend the night there. Next morning wake up and tour the city and head back to manila in the afternoon/evening.

Hope that helps!

Thanks; howis Puerto Galeeraa under water? big fishes? trevallies, barracudas? corals?

hallboy:
Thanks; howis Puerto Galeeraa under water? big fishes? trevallies, barracudas? corals?
sorry, can't comment - haven't dove there...yet.

But I hear there's more pelagics than Anilao. That's all I know. And that they recruit coral from each other (anilao and PG). Can't compare it to any other dive destination.

hallboy:
well i don't know about "big" (if you're thinking whale sharks)... but trevallies, 'cudas, schools - yup!

they have them in the currented areas of anilao w/c means that they've got more in galera :biggrin:

Jag

big fishes? trevallies, barracudas? corals?
Certainly, you can see big fishes over there.I always see them there. :05:

I was not thinking about Hammerheadss, whale shark or Mantas; but efffectivelyBarracudas, jacks batfishes etc. In Pg what would be the bettre divespots for that? Around Isla verde?

Yes big fishes . . . I spotted my first black spotted rays (i thought it was a marble ray) over there, a 5 footer napoleon wrasse, schools of jacks, huge sweetlips and batfishes, big groupers as well and puffer fishes too! And that was only at the Hole in the Wall, try diving Canyons, you'll get more pelagic action over there. Ü

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom