Puerto Ayora Crime Rate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King_of_All_Tyrants

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All-

I'm preparing for a trip to the Galapagos in a few months. After a few days on a live aboard I'll be hanging in Puerto Ayora in a few days.

I'm just curious about the crime rate, since I'll be basically by myself (amidst a throng of other tourists). I'd never think about doing this in Quito or mainland Ecuador, but I figure the PA is comparatively rich and tourist dependant enough that crime is basically not a problem.

Anything I need to watch out for in Puerto Ayora?

Thanks!

KoAT

King_of_All_Tyrants:
I'm just curious about the crime rate, since I'll be basically by myself

If you drink to all hours and get into negative interchanges, you'll likely get smacked around...anywhere you go!

Otherwise, no- PA is harmless.

Anything to watch out for? Yes- The crummy sidewalks!

Read my website (on my profile) and see a little more about the Galapagos and what you are asking- safety and security on the mainland of Ecuador.

Go, be smart, have a blast.

Hi KoAT,

Use common travel sense & you'll be just fine.

PA has much less crime than Quito & far, far less than Guayaquil.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

DocV, Rman-

Thanks for the responses. That basically tracked with what I figured, but it was good to hear it from someone else. I'm looking forward to having a blast!

However, Roatanman I've got to correct you about this:

If you drink to all hours and get into negative interchanges, you'll likely get smacked around...anywhere you go!

When I drink to all hours and get into negative interchanges OTHER PEOPLE get smacked around. Never big, tough might me (at least as far as I can remember). [:D]

Cheers,

KoAT

King_of_All_Tyrants:
However, Roatanman I've got to correct you about this:
When I drink to all hours and get into negative interchanges OTHER PEOPLE get smacked around. Never big, tough might me (at least as far as I can remember). [:D]
Cheers,KoAT

Ahh, Grasshopper. You are young.

Back
Top Bottom