Puerto Aventuras Covid Testing recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VikingDives

Mostly Harmless
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'll be staying in Puerto Aventuras and returning to the US so I'm looking for reputable businesses and if you know, costs for a rapid test.

I’m in Akumal and my buddy who flew out to Florida today went to Akumal to a clinic and got an antigen test done for 45 dollars, it’s the only clinic in Akumal (town not playa ) and it’s about fifteen minutes south from PA

In playa they're everywhere, I recently got one right on the side of the road in a tiny clinic for $30, and got the results on my phone just as I was pulling into the airport. I'm sure there are walk up places in Puerto, but as you probably know, everything is more expensive there. There's also a company that comes to your hotel the day before you travel, I've used them a couple of times, and that was also $30.

I'll be in PA the first week in January and have the same question. I'm guessing there is a place in PA, given the number of foreigners living there, but who knows. Just in case, I bought one of those "at-home" remotely proctored Abbott Labs Binax tests.

By the way, is my understanding correct that Mexico has no testing or vaccination requirement for entry, and all a foreigner needs to do is fill out their Vuelo Seguro form attesting to one's health?

I used an at home test to fly back to Florida, it was easy as long as you have good Wi-Fi connection . Takes roughly 30 minutes to complete test due to a 15 minute wait time to let test work once sample has been collected, It was a Binax test by abbot labs. Got results immediately and they sent an email within an hour to show to airline. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom