Public Parking at Whiskey Wreck(Gulf Shores, AL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was working in Gulf Shores earlier today and decided to check in on the parking situation at the public beach just north of the Whiskey Wreck. The lot has been cleaned up and is open again. Some of the boardwalks are still damaged and they have not replaced the shower yet(not sure when they will get to this). They are bull-dozing sand further down the beach, but the surf is already eroding some of it. Bahama Bobs was being worked on, so hopefully they'll be opened back up for business soon :) Nothing like a cold beer and some blackened AJ to finish off the dive!

Some pics here.
http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/album53

Still don't know of the condition of the wreck. I haven't dived it since Dec 4th, it seemed to be covered in sand on that date - we couldn't find it despite average visibility on that dive(10-15'). I haven't been able to find anyone else who has managed to locate the wreck since either.

Thanks for the update and photos. Maybe you and SeaYoda can swing by on Saturday and see if the wreck is divable. Parking is great any time, but beer is always better after a good dive!

Conditions haven't been too favorable for the dives lately, surf, storms, ect. I've been itching to get down there and scope the area out for any sign of the sands receding, but haven't had the chance yet. Its only 30min from my house so its the most easily accessible dive available to me - I'm looking for it to be uncovered!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom