Pt Lobos Reservation increase???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a quick question and hope I can get a quick response...

As of September 1, 2009 the park now charges an additional $10 per person per team. So I plan to dive this Friday Sept 4th with my buddy...

Do we pay $20 dollars for the two, plus an additional fee for parking? Now here comes the second question; I checked online for reservations, and it say 6 teams for Friday, if I make reservations online, do I pay an additonal $10 per person for using the online reservations? Do I save money by just appearing on Friday with no reservation?

I'm confused... :confused:

Here is the policy from their website:

Divers can make reservations in advance, as always. The Dive Fee will increase to $10 per person, two people per team. For divers arriving during the week without reservations, the fee will still be $10 per person along with the vehicle entry fee payable upon entry to the reserve

From the latest emails from the park, that seems to be the case. If you make a reservation for Friday, you'll be paying:

$10 reservation.
$10 dive fee for you.
$10 dive fee for your buddy.
$10 parking fee if you don't have have an annual pass.

If you show up on Friday without a reservation, you're paying:
$10 dive fee for you.

There was a question about whether the reservation was in addition to the dive fee, but by now there have been a few people who have been to the park already (including Bruce at Aquarius) and I'm sure they can give the full scoop.

From the latest emails from the park, that seems to be the case. If you make a reservation for Friday, you'll be paying:

$10 reservation.
$10 dive fee for you.

$10 dive fee for you.

There was a question about whether the reservation was in addition to the dive fee, but by now there have been a few people who have been to the park already (including Bruce at Aquarius) and I'm sure they can give the full scoop.

Ken, I might be confused, Two person dive team, $10 per person= $20 then a parking fee of $10 = $30 Am I correct?

Ken, I might be confused, Two person dive team, $10 per person= $20 then a parking fee of $10 = $30 Am I correct?

If you make no reservation, I think that's right. $30 for 2 people in one car.

There was an email from Dida Kutz earlier that included the following:

Divers can make reservations in advance, as always. The Dive Fee will increase to $10 per person, two people per team. For divers arriving during the week without reservations, the fee will still be $10 per person along with the vehicle entry fee payable upon entry to the reserve.
and later:

And yes, the diver reservation fee and diver fee are being handled separately, with the diver fee of $10/per diver being applied to all divers.

To me, that suggests it's $10 for a team reservation, but when you pull up to the gate, you're still going to be charged $10/person plus parking...hopefully someone who has dived this week can confirm/deny...

If you make no reservation, I think that's right. $30 for 2 people in one car.

There was an email from Dida Kutz earlier that included the following:

and later:

To me, that suggests it's $10 for a team reservation, but when you pull up to the gate, you're still going to be charged $10/person plus parking...hopefully someone who has dived this week can confirm/deny...

Thanks Buddy, I appreciate the info!

$10 reservation.
$10 dive fee for you.

$10 dive fee for you.

While I do understand the impact of the budget crisis on the state parks I am a bit pissed that the increases for divers is so steep. Going from a typical:

Non reservation day $10 to $30
Reservation day $20 to $40

I think that we are being easy targets for the ledger keepers. When people who park outside can walk in without paying anything why are we paying so much? I just think it's unfair.

Too bad Lobos cost so much... I'll miss it :(

While I do understand the impact of the budget crisis on the state parks I am a bit pissed that the increases for divers is so steep. Going from a typical:

Non reservation day $10 to $30
Reservation day $20 to $40

I think that we are being easy targets for the ledger keepers. When people who park outside can walk in without paying anything why are we paying so much? I just think it's unfair.

Too bad Lobos cost so much... I'll miss it :(

I agree with you Ben, CA legislation is kicking our ass!

And I will miss it as well Buddy!

Thanks for all that chimmed in.... With 6 teams already in the mix for Friday, will I make it to Friday without making online reservations? (trying to save a $10 bucks)... :)

In other words, how many teams make a (Full slot on the website)?

MG

While I do understand the impact of the budget crisis on the state parks I am a bit pissed that the increases for divers is so steep... Too bad Lobos cost so much... I'll miss it :(

It will just make me dive other shore diving spots more often. I usually dive off of a boat anyway, but I think for shore diving, I'll head further south. I'll still dive Point Lobos, but probably not as often now.

If anybody wants to learn how to shore dive Garrapata SP, I'll show you some spots where the entry/exit is fairly easy. And the diving is nicer than Point Lobos shore dives anyway (unless you have access to a scooter, kayak, or boat).

Yeah..this sucks!
I dont feel we have any more of an impact than the other visitors,we just enjoy a different section of the park? Seems to me an extreme $$ increase?

On another note..the calender never seems to be updated? Last two times I checked for a sat, there were many open spots so I sent in a reservation request.Both times told it was full a few days later?

Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom