Pt Lobos Reservation increase???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On another note..the calender never seems to be updated? Last two times I checked for a sat, there were many open spots so I sent in a reservation request.Both times told it was full a few days later?

The calendar looks like it's updated manually, and they probably do it when they process a block of reservations. I wouldn't consider it a real-time resource :)

I don't put a lot of weight on Lobos reservations. I've *never* made a reservation there, and I've never not got in. Just show up, you'll likely get in. That's been my experience at least.

On another note..the calender never seems to be updated? Last two times I checked for a sat, there were many open spots so I sent in a reservation request.Both times told it was full a few days later?

Drew

Drew,

as a timely update, this just landed in my inbox from the park:

Good morning diver,

I will be updating the dive calendar today to reflex the current amount on various dates. Also, I would like to inform everyone that I will be out of state starting September 11th - 24th. Any reservation request will be taken care of by someone else in the office. I would suggest emailing your request rather than leaving a voice message on the dive line. I will try to complete as many request before I leave and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at the address below. Thank you for your support, you guys are great.

It sounds like they've been working through a pretty big backlog - I've had to wait a couple of weeks before getting a confirmation on some dates before.

Best,
Kenn

Thanks Ken!
I will look this evening and check availability after it is supposedly updated..???

AH..have you done that on a weekend and gotten in? I didnt think that that many people bailed..

Drew

From the latest emails from the park, that seems to be the case. If you make a reservation for Friday, you'll be paying:

$10 reservation.
$10 dive fee for you.
$10 dive fee for your buddy.
$10 parking fee if you don't have have an annual pass.

If you show up on Friday without a reservation, you're paying:
$10 dive fee for you.
$10 dive fee for your buddy.
$10 parking fee if you don't have have an annual pass.

There was a question about whether the reservation was in addition to the dive fee, but by now there have been a few people who have been to the park already (including Bruce at Aquarius) and I'm sure they can give the full scoop.

What I was told was that case 2 (above) will apply whether or not you make a reservation. In other words, it makes no difference whether you try to get a reservation--it's going to be $10 per diver, plus $10 for each car to park (if you don't have an annual pass).

I managed to get the permit to be dive team #1 on Tuesday (September 1), so I was the first first person to pay the new $10/diver fee. And guess what...I didn't mind it a bit. We went out to the tip of Beto's Reef and had over 50' of visibility. It was simply gorgeous. Yesterday I went out on Beach Hopper and we went to a site about 50' outside the reserve boundaries (labelled "The Needle" on the BAUE maps, but called "Half Dome" by the boat captain) and it was even better. I would say it was in excess of 60' visibility and very blue. This morning I talked with Kevin Brady, who was diving at the Great Pinnacle yesterday with Eric Sturm, and he said the same thing. But then he went to Middle Reef afterwards, just like I did on Tuesday, and it was very mediocre. YMMV!

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom