Pt. Lobos - Monday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I know its full but if you can get in this afternoon do it! On our first dive that we just finished our vis was 80 ft plus. We were able to see the surface clearly at 83 feet. Cold as heck! I need a dry suit :(

So I know its full but if you can get in this afternoon do it! On our first dive that we just finished our vis was 80 ft plus. We were able to see the surface clearly at 83 feet. Cold as heck! I need a dry suit :(

How far did you go out of the cove Brandon?

we went down at the cannery point pinnacle. Then swam out more from there. When we descended you could see the bottom clearly. Were both too cold to do that on our second dive so were going to putt around middle reef for that.

I guess you can thank me...My plane left yesterday

I think Ben is right...I am cursed

Wow,

What luck to see Pt lobos at 80 feet... I've got to see Pt lobos at 2 feet vis... :( Can't believe you got cold with all that Neoprene you have Brandon, especially on dive #1... It's always dive two that kills me, never dive one... Then again I dive a three layer suit with Merino lining...

So what was the temp recorded down at that depth? What did you guys see? I took a look at the Monterey Cam and cannot believe my eyes how calm it is, I have never ever seen it that calm from the Cam...

I'm jealous because my buddy wanted to dive today but I pulled out being that tommorrow is a work day and I hate cleaning equipment the day before work...

MG

I should have..... Oh well there's always next week...

But I thought that Jennifer would be here till Monday :wink:

I should have..... Oh well there's always next week...

But I thought that Jennifer would be here till Monday :wink:

Take that...

:whack:

And this one is for standing me up Thursday

:whack:

:D

Wonder what will happen when I move permanently...Can't have big swells and bad vis forever right??

Wonder what will happen when I move permanently...Can't have big swells and bad vis forever right??

Well if it does we'll certainly know what caused it!

:bash:

Wow, 80+ feet in Point Lobos. My wife and I keep reading and hearing stories of 60-80 foot visibilities on the north coast. We haven't seen it yet in eight dives (four different trips to the coast). 2-6 foot vis has been our experience. Best has been 15 feet up at Ocean Cove. Guess we just need to make more trips to the coast.

80ft beats a lot of my Hawaii dives! :O You don't happen to have pictures do you?

Back
Top Bottom