Pt. Lobos - Monday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, beat's the 20-or-so feet of vis we had in the cove on Sunday. But I will say this, I have never seen the water so calm. When we started our first dive at about 10am, the water was like glass.

My wife and I keep reading and hearing stories of 60-80 foot visibilities on the north coast. We haven't seen it yet in eight dives (four different trips to the coast). 2-6 foot vis has been our experience. Best has been 15 feet up at Ocean Cove. Guess we just need to make more trips to the coast.

The best vis you will ever see is 40 feet on the North Coast. I would say a good day is anything around 20 feet, and any more is spectacular.

I have never seen Monterey over about 40 feet, but we do not dive there often. Sounds like it was a great day.

We spent the weekend working on the house and it was cold and windy.

The best vis you will ever see is 40 feet on the North Coast. I would say a good day is anything around 20 feet, and any more is spectacular.

I have never seen Monterey over about 40 feet, but we do not dive there often. Sounds like it was a great day.

We spent the weekend working on the house and it was cold and windy.

Most of the hardcore Monterey/Carmel divers have seen days of 100ft+ vis. It happens, but not very often. Usually in Carmel, south of Point Lobos.

Amazing when you can get it.

Most of the hardcore Monterey/Carmel divers have seen days of 100ft+ vis. It happens, but not very often. Usually in Carmel, south of Point Lobos.
I've been doing a safety stop at 15' at Ballbuster (Monterey Bay), watching the sea
lions play on the sand at 105+. Now, there was a SERIOUS visicline that day and at
12' you couldn't see your fins.

One New Year's Eve, Linda rolled in at Eric's for a dusk dive, and said "I can see the
bottom."

It happens, even in Monterey Bay. Esp. when the water's colder than usual.

Go diving. Good things happen.

Or even go boating. Read this: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ba_diving/message/38910

I've been doing a safety stop at 15' at Ballbuster (Monterey Bay), watching the sea
lions play on the sand at 105+. Now, there was a SERIOUS visicline that day and at
12' you couldn't see your fins.

One New Year's Eve, Linda rolled in at Eric's for a dusk dive, and said "I can see the
bottom."

It happens, even in Monterey Bay. Esp. when the water's colder than usual.

Go diving. Good things happen.

Or even go boating. Read this: Yahoo! Groups

Chuck, we went back today at the lowest of low tide. First dive was down around the pinnacle to about 93 feet to end up coming around past the lone Metridian and then back all the way to the ramp. Something like 55 minutes total. The second we kept it a little shallower since us wet divers were cold :wink:. Went to the "cave" on the other side of the cove then over to granite point back across middle reef and ended up at the ramp. I think it was 83 feet for 57 minutes. I must say Bruce can lead one heck of a tour! Anyway what I forgot I was getting at, is that we had roughly 50 feet of vis today +/- 5 feet. Middle reef seemed as if it had cleared up a little from yesterday. Ill have dive reports up soonish. Need to finish some knowledge reviews tonight :).

Last edited:
Hi all, On Monday I got 48F at 49', & 40'-50' vis in the cut between Whalers and Blue Fish. 50F w/ the same vis along Granite Point wall and back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom