pt-10 O-ring backorder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there,

I ordered pt-010 O-rings and some other stuff from Backscatter over a month ago and I havn't received my stuff yet. The O-rings have been back ordered. Just wondering how long it can take for them to get in? Might it be that the pt-010 O-rings are in very short supply? Thanks

That's a good question. I'm not sure where they, or any other supplier, gets their supply. The last ones I got from Backscatter were not in Japanese language baggies. I have two new ones and am thinking about mailing one of them to a US O-ring manufacturer to get the specs and prices in the event these O-rings are discontnued by Olympus. No doubt Olympus gets them from a manufacturer.

Nice PT-010 page Gilligan.

Where did you get your cheap plastic tray. My Nikonos tray is not well suited to the PT-010 and I can't find my other one (a rather simple SS tray with a phenolic resin handle) as it has disappeared somewhere.

divemed06:
Hey there,

I ordered pt-010 O-rings and some other stuff from Backscatter over a month ago and I havn't received my stuff yet. The O-rings have been back ordered. Just wondering how long it can take for them to get in? Might it be that the pt-010 O-rings are in very short supply? Thanks

I ordered the PT-010 for xmas from a guy in Japan, and he has extra O-rings...Not sure if he will sell them separately...My order arrived in eight days following payment.

See:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2977093649&category=4703

--Sean

DA Aquamaster,
I got that tray from a company in the San Pedro area of L.A. some time ago. Their link is dead and there is no listing for them on Google. I assume they are long gone. Too bad as it is a practical tray and handle as well as inexpensive. It has a notch in it where the tripod mount goes to keep the housing in place and 2 rubber feet for the front side of the housing. It was specifically for the PT-010.
I used it for well over a year before adding a strobe.

I bought my housing through his sales on Ebay and had a good experience with him, just ordered four additional o-rings as well for $14 each.

His Olympus Site has the o-rings at the bottom as well as other hard to find housings.

Gilligan:
DA Aquamaster,
I got that tray from a company in the San Pedro area of L.A. some time ago. Their link is dead and there is no listing for them on Google. I assume they are long gone. Too bad as it is a practical tray and handle as well as inexpensive. It has a notch in it where the tripod mount goes to keep the housing in place and 2 rubber feet for the front side of the housing. It was specifically for the PT-010.
I used it for well over a year before adding a strobe.

Ah well thanks anyway. I did manage to find my very old Dacor tray for my Nikonos III but not he handle. Being stainless steel it is pretty adaptable and a mounting hole in a carefully determined location should do the trick. Now I just need to find a suitable handle....

DA Aquamaster:
Now I just need to find a suitable handle....

Don't know what it looks like but B&H still has a bunch of Aquatica handles that it is selling off. Check on eBay. I bought most of my tray stuff from them as bits and pieces.

Back
Top Bottom