PST tank and Grade E air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
For PST tanks, do you only put Grade E or better air in your tank?PST says "Your PST cylinder should be filled with Grade E breathing air or better" though.

I am not sure if my air source is Grade E or better. LOL~~

What if the air doesn't meet Grade E qaulity? Is it definately rust soon?

hoosier:
For PST tanks, do you only put Grade E or better air in your tank?PST says "Your PST cylinder should be filled with Grade E breathing air or better" though.

I am not sure if my air source is Grade E or better. LOL~~

What if the air doesn't meet Grade E qaulity? Is it definately rust soon?

I'm sure I'll get correected if I'm wrong but I think grade E is your basic fill station output, nothing special. If it's a lesser grade you don't want to be diving it.

Pete

If I knew where you lived I could come over and pick up the tanks, they are contaminated and I volunteer to get rid of them for you. :wink:

LOL~~~. Wherever I live, it is a quite profitable business for you to come over here to pick up my tanks because the air fare is only about $400 from CA. I will let you know when the time comes.:wink:

dlndavid:
If I knew where you lived I could come over and pick up the tanks, they are contaminated and I volunteer to get rid of them for you. :wink:

Matt t,

I see. So, air grade from the compressor doesn't matter with gathering rust?

Any dive shop you you get fills at should have their last air analysis certificate "proudly" displayed for you to see. Air grade will not tell you moisture content (rust).

matt t.:
Any dive shop you you get fills at should have their last air analysis certificate "proudly" displayed for you to see. Air grade will not tell you moisture content (rust).
The grade might not, but the certification report will. For example, here's what FillExpress has to say about the H2O content of their gases. They also "proudly" have their latest test result on the web as a PDF. Take a look specifically at the test result versus the specification values -- they take ultrapure seriously.

BTW, the moisture content is listed as <3.4 parts per million by volume. (That's dry!)

-Rob

Thanks rab, It is a great info to know it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom