PST returns to dive market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pescador775:
Shipping steel cylinders, however, can be expensive. Even so, given the mercantilist tendencies of Asian countries we might expect to see some "dumping".

The oversea container shipping is only based on the volume, not on the weight based on my knowledge. So, it isn't a big deal as long as they have enough market in U.S.

If all information above is true, it is just another transfer of the factory like in any other industries to have a bigger market... :wink:

hoosier:
Nice try....:wink:

Have you ever seen any price down on the diving equipment?:D

BTW, I think there are many concerns that should be clarified...

1. MSC = PST?
2. NKCF will get any machinery equipment from PST? NK has done the clylinder business, not the newly built company. NKCF (new) is just the affiliates of NK. NK export $20 millon last year.
3. NKCF will make a finished product and simply export to the U.S. market.
4. DOT status? I am sure they will do something. Otherwise, they can't sell anything.. :wink:

This post made me think. Yes you can say the price of equipment notably tanks has gone down from when I started to dive.

I just reached back to a April 1984 Skin Diver mag. I went right to the back. The old timers know this is where Berry, Central and others would place their Blow-out price adds. Ok here is what a AL 80 would set you back 22 years ago.

Berry:
$130 with a J valve

Central $119 with a K valve.

Now this spring my LDS was selling Luxfer AL80s for about $120.

I would say they are cheaper now then then.

In 1977, I bought three, 3000+ psi steel tanks from Berry Dist. These tanks are the same size as a 72 but hold 94.7 cf. The price was $95 each. Mfgr was PST. I still have a number of these tanks and consider them to be the best SCUBA cylinder ever made for divers of 6' or slightly less height and normal strength. They are much more compact but weigh almost as much as a 100 cf aluminum tank, and the steel tank has 6# neg buoyancy, empty. They are best suited for suited divers but I have used them bareback in tropical waters without problems.

terrasmak:
Maybe for internet sales , LDS probably not.
they are cheaper now at lds than internet counting shipping, 330 for a steel 100 hp,still seems high to me,but im a cheap basser.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom