PST E8's in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm starting to think these tanks exist like the Yeti and "Nessie".....

SS

One of the main reasons dive shops don't like to fill your high pressure tank, is because its a lot of wear and tear on there compressors components. A compressor may be factory rated to pump up to 4500 PSi but its a heavy load on the system and they are usually factory pre set to a safe lower blow off point, and because of this there are all kinds of high pressure steel tanks out there that never get filled to 4500 psi. If you want to start filling up and beyond 3500 PSi a good four stage compressor would be more suitable, as most dive shops use three stage systems because of the lower purchase price. I don't think these new tanks are going to go any were on the market, NO ONE HAS ANY MONEY and the market is slow. Another novelty by the scuba industry I say. I wouldn't worry about the valve blowing up in your face as they to are designed to handle the pressure. As for regulators keep your self in the high end models like Poseidon etc and you won't blow your head off.

Amobeus

thanks for your comments...

I'll let ya know how much I like them (or not) when they finally do arrive.

Have a great weekend and Happy and Safe Diving to ya.

The wait will be worth it. I live in the US and I bought two E8-130's for $250USD each. They are great tanks and well worth it. Eliminates air as one of the things to fret over. Basically the same height as an AL80 but 3/4" wider. Very, very nice tanks.

I definitely don't consider them a novelty and some of us have the spare $250. If you can't afford the tank you probably can't afford to dive. Gas money driving to the sight, meals, etc. aint cheap either. Now, $2,500 for a new DUI suit? That's expensive (but worth it as well).

Be patient.....

Well $250 US for one scuba tank thats almost $700 Canadian for 2 tanks and that doesn't include tax. Its not a matter of being able to afford it, I'm sure there are lots of people out there who have the money to waste but in this slow scuba industries economy, its an expensive item to sell and you probably won't see to many sitting on scuba shop floors. I think my double 98's are more than enough air for any tech dive up here in Ontario. Wider tanks mean newer wider band = even more money and the list grows. I think lighter tanks are a definet +, but what do I know, I've only been a tech diver for 26 years.

Amobeus

Dive Inn Watersports has the tanks. They are located in Port Huron. Ask for Eric or Steve. I am sure they can answer any questions you may have. You can find their Email at www.diveinnwatersports.com.

Eric P
(not the Eric at the dive shop)

The E8-130's have been delayed again.

Originally we didn't get them up here because they didn't have permits to put the TC stamp on them. They got those permits a little over a month ago. Now pressed steel is saying that they are having problems with the galvinization process. They can't get their dip tanks as hot as they could in the summer so the tanks are coming out with some sort of slag on them and are not passing quality control. They have given a projected shipping date of Nov. 24 for canada. When they do come in Dan's Dive Shop has 23 sets on order so you will see them in shops. If you want to go look at them at Dive Inn Watersports go right ahead but they will look the same as the 104's we have had up here for years. They are just slightly different and are rated as HP instead of LP. They have also shiffed some weight from the bottom to give them a better balance when in the water. Just remember to only buy tanks that have the TC stamp because nobody will fill or viz a tank up here without it.

Mike

The latest and greatest is that the tanks will be in...this week!!

Yup was aware of the TC and QC issues... They are on the Road right now!!! Yahoo!!!

Great news !! Sounds like il be diving during christmas:)

amobeus once bubbled...
Well $250 US for one scuba tank thats almost $700 Canadian for 2 tanks and that doesn't include tax. Its not a matter of being able to afford it, I'm sure there are lots of people out there who have the money to waste but in this slow scuba industries economy, its an expensive item to sell and you probably won't see to many sitting on scuba shop floors. I think my double 98's are more than enough air for any tech dive up here in Ontario. Wider tanks mean newer wider band = even more money and the list grows. I think lighter tanks are a definet +, but what do I know, I've only been a tech diver for 26 years.

Amobeus

Amobeus - while your points are valid, whats your gripe? The price? Yes, $700 for twins is a lot of coin, but do you have a suggestion on where to get quality tanks like the E8 for cheaper?

The E8 130s aren't any wider your lp98's (assuming they weren't bought 26 years ago), - 8" dia. Berts comment were that the tanks are about 3/4" bigger than an aluminum 80 - not steel. E8-130s are less than an inch taller than 98s. E8130 is probably 1.5 lbs lighter than a 98. But the fills/fill pressures are where the real advantage is....

As for stock sitting on the showroom floor..... every shop I've been in has far more money sitting in completely useless crap and trinkets pushed by major manufactures than 1-2K sitting in steel tanks that WILL sell....

SS

Back
Top Bottom