PST E8's in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScott

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have pricing on these tanks yet in Canada? My LDS said they would have prices right after DEMA, but I have not heard anything yet......

Anyone been diving these yet? Thoughts, opinions?

SS

the tanks come with a DIN/K valve. Some reg's have a yoke that's rated for 3300 psi. At my LDS, unless a diver can show us the DIN regulator, we only fill the tanks to 3000 psi. Most of the time though, when someone still has the K adapter in the valve and they say "DIN what?" with a funny look on their face, they get 3000 psi. In the event that they put a 300 bar valve in it, they get the full 3440-something. Me, I haven't filled one yet over 3000 psi.

-Frank =-)

Uhmm that was a nudge-nudge, wink-wink wasn't it Scubapunk???

I SWEAR I saw 3500PSI in Brockville!!!!

hehehheh

I start sweating when our guys get to 3700PSI!!

Not in my damn tanks!

E8-130 has 130cf @ 3440 psi and 104cf @ 2640.

It is 8 inches in diamiter, where an AL80 is 7.25 inches.
It is 25.5 inches long vs Al80 of 25.75 inches.
It weighs 42 lbs empty vs 32 lbs.
Its 6 lbs's more negative empty.

Fatter, weights more and has enouhg gas to get you into serious trouble. :)

Unfortunatly the tanks still haven't crossed the border, some sort of manufacturing defect or something in the last batch.

scubapunk-17055 once bubbled...
the tanks come with a DIN/K valve. Some reg's have a yoke that's rated for 3300 psi. At my LDS, unless a diver can show us the DIN regulator, we only fill the tanks to 3000 psi. Most of the time though, when someone still has the K adapter in the valve and they say "DIN what?" with a funny look on their face, they get 3000 psi. In the event that they put a 300 bar valve in it, they get the full 3440-something. Me, I haven't filled one yet over 3000 psi.

-Frank =-)

Actually most yoke regs can handle 3500 psi. And you should fill tanks to the service pressure. The E-series gets filled to 3442. That is just under the pressure to require DIN. According to DOT, you dont need a DIN until 3500 psi. So, why do you have a problem filling them to 3442??? ALL the E-series tanks come with a DIN/K valve. You can use yoke or remove the insert, and use the 230 bar DIN. By not filling these tanks to service pressure you are doing a disservice to your customers. If you have any questions about this, please PM me...

JimC once bubbled...
E8-130 has 130cf @ 3440 psi and 104cf @ 2640.

It is 8 inches in diamiter, where an AL80 is 7.25 inches.
It is 25.5 inches long vs Al80 of 25.75 inches.
It weighs 42 lbs empty vs 32 lbs.
Its 6 lbs's more negative empty.

Fatter, weights more and has enouhg gas to get you into serious trouble. :)

FOr some people, who are doing technical diving, its enough gas to get you back alive. An 80 is not. I prefer steel tanks to aluminum. It all depends what type of diving you are doing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom