PST E-8 Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What's the deal on E-8's. Are they too wide, heavy etc. They seem like a great choice. You can fill them to 2600 and it is a lLP 95 or jack it up to 3442 and get 119hp. Seems like a great choice for a tank .
Does anybody double them? Currently own a Hp100 Genisis and researching new tanks.
I was looking at OMS 98 or 112's until I read more about the PST e series tanks. Any of the experienced guys(Gals)(I know the Vixen will respond) have any thoughts that will help. I usually dive singles and deep depths of 100 to 120 NC wrecks, but am considering doubles after a summer more of diving. :dazzler1:

It is my understanding the PST E8-130's are the tank of choice for maximum gas, now. They are apparently back-ordered and hard to get. You see lots of LP tanks being offered for sale.

I have one of the E8-130's and love it. Definetly worth the investment. Trims out great. Doubles? Thats quite a load.

I just got two E8-119s. They were the same price as the E7-120, but were available. The fact that it is shorter than the standard AL80 is fine with me even though I'm 6'2". I'm looking to get two shallow dives on each one when filled to 3442psi. Did a pair of 40-45 min shore dives in Ft.Lauderdale in the 15-20 fsw range with plenty of air left (about 1100psi). If you want a popular PST tank, your best bet is to order one from a dealer that already has an order with PST. Of course, it's very likely that all the E7-120 and E8-130s will be sold out before they physically hit the store.

-Rob

I actually was able to get a PST 119 from a LDS. Seemed like a good choice for single diving. Does anyone double these?Had one left so I got a great price. How long until they get that dingy look to it and can anything be done to prevent it. Nobig deal, but would like to keep the shimy finish as long as I can.

maybe 20 dives before the finish on mine started to get dull...thankfully, I hated that cheesy, shiny look...

Do charter boat operators let you do 2 shallow - 40 foot or so - 2 tank dives with your own single E8-119 or do they make you switch to a new tank for the second dive?

jgarysmith:
I actually was able to get a PST 119 from a LDS. Seemed like a good choice for single diving. Does anyone double these?

I plan to ... as soon as my FredT plate and harness get here ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You might be able to spray your tank with a clear lacquer. Getting adhesion over zinc is tricky. Refinishing might be frequent but the old coat could be removed with acetone. There are some clear primers that seem to work fairly well. I would check with a paint shop and skip the Walmarts, etc. Some people used to spray their tanks with aluminum based paint for resale. Don't recommend.

jgarysmith:
I actually was able to get a PST 119 from a LDS. Seemed like a good choice for single diving. Does anyone double these?Had one left so I got a great price. How long until they get that dingy look to it and can anything be done to prevent it. Nobig deal, but would like to keep the shimy finish as long as I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom