PSt E-7 120's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What seems to be the verdict on E-7 120's.Anybody use them in a double set up. I know alot of Scuba Board readers prefer LP tanks, But I prefer the smaller diameter HP tanks. Even if I don't get a full 3442 fill, a 3000 or 3200 is still all the air I will ever need. I am currenrly using them as singles for 100, to 125 wreck dives. Any thoughts

I love the E7-120s. I had been borrowing two of them (since April) until two weeks ago when mine finally came in. I have been diving them as singles. I ordered my set with one each of the left and right handed valves so I can double them up in the future if I decide to.

They trim out great on me (I'm 6'4"), but they are heavy. I think 43 lbs each when full. Thats alot of weight when doubled...especially in 4ft seas.

I'll be getting my set wet for the first time this weekend on the Morgan. 120 cuft of 34% @ 101 ft. It will be a contest to see if I have to surface due to getting low on gas or having to pee.

I did the same thing as hex92. Using them right now as singles, which I love with my BP/wing. I dive with my jacket BC when working with students but don't like them as much with the jacket BC.

I'm 6'3" and bought a couple for singles. I love them. It really helped me getting trimmed once I got my bp/wing setup.

Thanks for the replies. Funny, I might be on the Morgan also sat. Dive Quarters? That's where I bought them.

One of my buddies (Karen) used the older HP120 PST tanks doubled up. I was impressed that she handled the weight topside so easily and was so gracefully UW.

Doc

I have a E7-120 and although I have only used it in the pool I love it. same diameter as an al 80, 7.25in, and only a few inches taller, and a few pounds heavier. Seems to trim out nice as well. Going to go dive the USCG Duane in about a week with it...can't wait!

I have been diving double E7 120s for the past year or so. I really like them and I can feel a difference in swimming them through the water as contrasted with low pressure, eight inch tanks. I am about 5'9" but I love having the volume for deeper dives.

They do tend to place a diver very head down against how most other tanks orient a diver. After playing with my weighting (I now dive six pounds hanging from my lower bolt only), they are in balance and I feel great diving them.

Some people hate these tanks and some love them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom