Question Which one's to keep...lp 85's or hp 120's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are your long term plans for diving here? LP 85s are more than enough for almost everything you’ll be doing around Monterey. If fundies / GUE / BAUE are on your mind I’m pretty sure our local GUE instructor will push you towards the LP85s. I’m 5’9” and 190 and I love my LP85s. Not many of our shore dives need the extra gas and neither the Beach Hopper or the Escapade are going to take you somewhere that needs the extra gas. The exception to this is if you go the GUE tech 1 route and double them up, then the Escapade will take you on the longer runs and to deeper sites.

That said, I love the PST tanks too and am in Monterey every weekend, let me know if you want to part with them :wink:

What are your long term plans for diving here? LP 85s are more than enough for almost everything you’ll be doing around Monterey. If fundies / GUE / BAUE are on your mind I’m pretty sure our local GUE instructor will push you towards the LP85s. I’m 5’9” and 190 and I love my LP85s. Not many of our shore dives need the extra gas and neither the Beach Hopper or the Escapade are going to take you somewhere that needs the extra gas. The exception to this is if you go the GUE tech 1 route and double them up, then the Escapade will take you on the longer runs and to deeper sites.

That said, I love the PST tanks too and am in Monterey every weekend, let me know if you want to part with them :wink:

we need to chat...i'l dm you soon.

Maybe shared custody??

That's the way it worked, my buddy would let me know when he was going to use them, otherwise I could use them as my own. I had other tanks, but his were different, so I got to try them out.

i do store some tanks at my buddies place, but the hp 120's are just to long and heavy for the kind of diving i do.
Then you have your answer. Maybe try to trade them for some HP100s along the way if you want more capacity, galv, smaller size, etc. than the 85s.

Answer depends on how you use them and what kind of fills you can get. What works for one person will not always work for everyone.

Thank you for everyone's input. I've decided to sell them or trade for hp galvanized steel 100 with the 3/4 inch thread. They were originally setup up as doubles. I don't have the manifold, the hydro shop lost it. But I do have the band. Please make reasonable offer. I'll provide pictures if interested. Pick up in and around San Francisco Bay Area. Once again, thank you everyone.

I was given a pair of PST HP 120, din valve only 7/8 inch thread and a pair of Faber LP 85, 3/4 inch thread pro valve. I don't have the space to keep both pairs so which one's should I keep? A bit about me, I do mostly recreational shore dives in northern California, Monterey Bay. I'm 5'10', 190 lbs.'
Sounds like you need a new place to live.

I would keep 85s.

Back
Top Bottom