Provider types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Learn2Dive

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
In terms of a provider (entity in which provides a service or goods) in the scuba industry, my list would be something like this:

Guides
Divemasters
Asst. Instructors
Instructors
LDS
Boats
Manufacturers
Travel Agencies
Hotels
Airlines
Training Agencies
Associations
Insurance
Medical

I would be interested in seeing what others might think would belong to this list.

How bout local hardware store (home brew gear stuff, bolt snaps, ect.)
Anyone that will fill your Argon for ya LOL
The guys that supply the O2 and Helium to the LDS (could fall under medical)
World Wide Web... Scuba Board!!!

Looks like a good list.
Just out of curiosity, I was just wondering why you are putting it together.

Looks like a good list.
Just out of curiosity, I was just wondering why you are putting it together.

Well I'm working on a dive package targeted for the dive industry. There is some functionality in the package that will allow the user to customize the configuration based on their individual needs. With having (most of) the provider types already defined gives the user more options in configuring it, obviously we wont hit them all so we'll have to leave an opportunity to set new ones up at runtime. Thanks for asking.

In terms of a provider (entity in which provides a service or goods) in the scuba industry, my list would be something like this:

Guides
Divemasters
Asst. Instructors
Instructors
LDS
Boats
Manufacturers
Travel Agencies
Hotels
Airlines
Training Agencies
Associations
Insurance
Medical

I would be interested in seeing what others might think would belong to this list.

Travel & Tourism Boards in the destination country.

i.e. Bonaire - BONHATA (Bonaire Hotel & Tourism Association)

Travel & Tourism Boards in the destination country.

i.e. Bonaire - BONHATA (Bonaire Hotel & Tourism Association)

Would tourism boards fall under associations or should it be defined as travel as a parent provider with destinations, tourism boards, travel agencies, etc as childs to that provider. Wold look something like this:

Travel
--Destinations
-----Tourism Boards
-----Dive Boats
-----Dive Shops
-----etc....
--Travel Agencies
--etc.......

Btw, I appreciate the feedback, the primary role of the Provider types is that ultimately all business is derived from some form of a provider, so by being able to set up an entity as provider types, your able to multi-define an entity.

My opinion is that most Travel and Tourism boards and Associations are similar. Both are commercial but promote their members equally. Examples would be the Bahamas Diving Association or the previously mentioned BonHata. Other sites like InfoBonaire or Bon Bini Curacao are more generic in nature and possibly provide links to all the particular resources in a given category at their location - not just their paying members. But it's a fine line.

In addition to conventional travel agencies there are also dive specific travel agencies. Examples of the latter would be Aquadreams, Caradonna, Trip n' Tour etc. Some specialize in certain regions also. Some like BonairePros are more specialized.

btw, you posted in the Computers, Gauges, Watches etc, forum. This post might get a wider audience in Basic Scuba Discussions. Contact a Moderator to move this post there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom