Proud American Mom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
Non dive a related message, but I just had to share my pride as a proud mom. My 26 yr old son left today to go to basic training for the Air Force. He has been waiting since before the Sept. 11, tragic events on a spot in basic school to open. Well, the Tuesday after the 11th they called and gave him his ship date for October 8th. A lot of people have asked me if I am worried or saddened at the times and I have to say not at all. I feel very confident that he is doing the right thing at the right time. I must admit we will miss him here, especially his golden lab. But, as I said the right thing at the right time. My prayers are with him and all of our country's young men at this time.

Cindy,

Please pass on our deepest thanks to him. Your son and family have great reason to be proud. He and all the men and women in the military overseas along with defense forces at home including police and firefighters are in my prayers.

-Brady

Cindy,

I too am a proud mom. My young sailor was aboard the aircraft carrier Roosevelt for four years. He has been out just a year and is wondering if he will be recalled during his remaining inactive status. He says of course he is ready and willing to go again. He was over in the Med and Kosovo. When the Roosevelt's battle group pulled out of Norfolk a couple of weeks ago a cried all day knowing they were all my son's shipmates.

All my best to your brave son and all who have answered their call to duty.

Laine

Best of luck to your son in his new career. I think we all owe a great deal of graditude to our Military personnel. Let him know we all support him and his fellow class mates in basic.

Chad

Hey Seaangel;

Be proud of your boy. (Of course, real men join the Armour Corps <Grin>. Can you guess where I was? )

Pass on my regards to the "Zoomie"

You must be very, very proud of him, Seaangel. All the best to him and his Air Force mates in their mission to fight terrorism.

Seaangel,

I will keep your son (and all our military) in my prayers. Thank him..for all of us!!

Sweetie.........Keep as tiff upper lip and remember there are about 1700 + plus of us pulling for him and his comrades in arms.

Give him our best.......

Butch :peace:

Originally posted by seaangel
Non dive a related message, but I just had to share my pride as a proud mom. My 26 yr old son left today to go to basic training for the Air Force. He has been waiting since before the Sept. 11, tragic events on a spot in basic school to open. Well, the Tuesday after the 11th they called and gave him his ship date for October 8th. A lot of people have asked me if I am worried or saddened at the times and I have to say not at all. I feel very confident that he is doing the right thing at the right time. I must admit we will miss him here, especially his golden lab. But, as I said the right thing at the right time. My prayers are with him and all of our country's young men at this time.

You have every reason to be proud. Please pass on a message to your son from me: "Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your service to this great country."

Kimmie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom